Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.5 question

P

Plexx

Question for all the users who use Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.5.

Once the trial 30 days has ended, the scanning features and cleaning features remain correct or there are more features that can be used?

How limited does the program remain?

Thinking of adding it to my on demand scanners and recommend a few users to it as well.

Thanks

P

Plexx

Malware Maniac said:
Emsisoft limits the program to where it is just an on demand scanner.
So cleaning is also available.

Then it is good for my needs.

Thanks a lot

Umbra

Level 85
Content Creator
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
Instead of using EAM just as an fat on demand scan, replace it by Emsisoft Emergency Kit (Portable, same engine , same capacities, no EAM features)

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Avast
umbrapolaris said:
Instead of using EAM just as an fat on demand scan, replace it by Emsisoft Emergency Kit (Portable, same engine , same capacities, no EAM features)
It is basically the same thing. Just that the Emsisoft Emergency Kit has a little more compact UI and a couple more features for a infected PC.

The only version I know of that removes total use of the program is the server version. Once your trial of server has run out the program can no longer be used not even as an on-demand scanner.

Spawn

Administrator
MalwareTips Staff
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
What about MalAware or Web Malware Scanner?
http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/malaware/

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/ax/ (ActiveX) <-- This one.

jamescv7

Level 61
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
After the trial expired, the realtime protection and other features known for monitoring would be disabled unless you reactivate it thus scanning capabilities and cleaning remain same.