Battle Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6 vs. ESET Smart Security 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
ESET Smart Security is more user friendly and has much less false positives but Emsisoft Anti-Malware has better protection.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware is an excellent on-demand scanner if you know how to tell the difference between real malware and false positives, but it will drive you crazy if you use it for real-time protection with its high false positive rates.

Of coarse there are better options than both.

Thanks.:D

D

Deleted member 178

first you cant compare Emsisoft AM vs ESET SS because ESET SS is a suite, not EAM. if you want a true comparison you must compare :

Emsisoft AM + Online Armor Premium vs ESET Smart Security

in that case the Emsisoft combo will win from far.

i used them before (at v5) and did a review here : http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Emsisoft-Anti-Malware-5-Online-Armor-Premium-5-combo

Nikomanuel1

Jul 10, 2011
If I had the opportunity to purchase a suite (between those 2) I would choose Emsisoft, has better detection by antivirus (Ikarus) a excelent behaviour blocker..etc

but, right now i use eset and is very good too :D

sorry bad english

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
The standalone of EM is enough to be considered better though ESET is really good with heuristic.
I don't see other testing organization that mention about its heuristic capability.
Besides according to past AV-Comparatives review Ikarus is equal to Bitdefender detection but its not the same level as Avira or other multi-engine Antimalware.
Also according to AV-C it has many many fps lol.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Littlebits said:
ESET Smart Security is more user friendly and has much less false positives but Emsisoft Anti-Malware has better protection.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware is an excellent on-demand scanner if you know how to tell the difference between real malware and false positives, but it will drive you crazy if you use it for real-time protection with its high false positive rates.

Of coarse there are better options than both.

Thanks.:D

It has alot of false positives? can you give examples plz?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
From its detection rates and designed for its aggressive heuristics then its Emsisoft AM.

When comes from usability then its ESET SS.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
EAM - because of high detection rate and very good BB. Also because ofthe price and great support.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
ESET Smart Security (or Nod32 AV).

Transparent security, individual 32-bit and 64-bit installers. No nonsense security components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.