App Review Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7.0 Beta Test and Review(MalwareDoctor)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
P

Plexx

Out of curiosity, have you checked in Comodo Forums why Hide Safe Processes on KS is grayed out for you?

Emsisoft BB is a good BB. The move to BD signatures might be considered good, but I would hope to see Emsisoft own engine against some packs.

I believe until now, only one product allows the use of one or another or both Engines, G data.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Biozfear said:
Out of curiosity, have you checked in Comodo Forums why Hide Safe Processes on KS is grayed out for you?

Emsisoft BB is a good BB. The move to BD signatures might be considered good, but I would hope to see Emsisoft own engine against some packs.

I believe until now, only one product allows the use of one or another or both Engines, G data.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Official beta announcement from CEO Christian Mairoll of Emsisoft:
http://www.emsisoft.com/en/kb/articles/news120829/

I am not 100% sure and a rep from Emsisoft would know for sure, but I believe engine A is Emsisoft's own engine and signatures is being used in unison with Bitdefenders SIGNATURES. I agree with you Biozfear, I believe it is only using one engine. Did I accidentally say Emsisoft was using Bitdefenders engine during the test? People could consider Bitdefender as the second engine, so an argument could exist that two engines are incorporated in Emsisoft.

*About Killswitch, I just got it to hide safe processes. :)

Dashke

Level 1
Feb 3, 2012
MalwareDoctor, you could re-test Emsisoft v7.0 again because you had one major bug - EAM didn't activate BitDefender's engine. Here is a screenshot of your video -

5ylKr.png

And I have about 10,000,000 signatures. :)
So yes, you tested only Emsisoft's engine, which is pretty good. :)
P.S. (A) is Emsisoft's, (B) is BitDefender's.

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Dashke said:
MalwareDoctor, you could re-test Emsisoft v7.0 again because you had one major bug - EAM didn't activate BitDefender's engine. Here is a screenshot of your video -

5ylKr.png

And I have about 10,000,000 signatures. :)
So yes, you tested only Emsisoft's engine, which is pretty good. :)
P.S. (A) is Emsisoft's, (B) is BitDefender's.

What version are you using? I am assuming you are using Emsisoft 7 Beta. Before testing, as always, I restarted the computer to assure the product is working exactly as it should. You are not going to like what I am going to say next,but if Bitdefenders "engine"(Already had previous discussion in this thread that ended with the agreement that Emsisoft used Bitdefenders signatures,not engine(If you could give me evidence that said otherwise please share with me)) did not function properly, that is not my deal and should be dealt with by Emsisoft's reps. Remember this is a early BETA version, and I sure intend on releasing the final version when it comes out. Also I had just updated the program before doing the test. If you look in the beginning of my test, you can see it was updated 2 minutes earlier, and automatic updates was turned on. If what you are saying is accurate, the product did a great job all by itself and would not need any additional signatures. :)

Dashke

Level 1
Feb 3, 2012
You can check in Emsisoft's folder for BitDefender's dll. It's using it own engine only.
Well, then all beta tests depends of machine you are using. On my computer, Emsisoft detects with both engines. :)

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Dashke said:
You can check in Emsisoft's folder for BitDefender's dll. It's using it own engine only.
Well, then all beta tests depends of machine you are using. On my computer, Emsisoft detects with both engines. :)

Yeah thanks for being cool about it(sometimes these fan-boys will never accept anything). I do not intend on re-installing it just to see(I will check for RC or FR version), but I agree only 1 million signatures is a little low. :p

Dashke

Level 1
Feb 3, 2012
MalwareDoctor said:
Dashke said:

Yeah thanks for being cool about it(sometimes these fan-boys will never accept anything). I do not intend on re-installing it just to see(I will check for RC or FR version), but I agree only 1 million signatures is a little low. :p

I totally see your point and I know that testing job is pretty demanding. Thank you for your efforts! :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.