Emsisoft Anti-Malware (Beta Thread)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Hello,

We've just released a new beta of Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 2017.9.0.8006 – with BETA updates enabled:

This update will require an application restart.

Please note that Emsisoft Internet Security will automatically migrate to Emsisoft Anti-Malware. This cannot be reversed. Please don’t switch to Stable update feed after the update. Emsisoft Internet Security licenses will be extended on Oct 2nd, 2017, as announced.

• Improved: Connection with Emsisoft Enterprise Console from client side. Available at Settings -> License.
  • Improved: Migration procedure from Emsisoft Internet Security to Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

Beta Thread

Dedicated Thread

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2017.10.0.8100 – with BETA updates enabled:

• New: Option to enable/disable integration in Windows Security Center. Available at Settings -> General.
  • New: Simplified scanner performance settings. Available at Scan -> Scanner Settings, Scheduled Scans and Custom Scans.
  • Improved: Update process performance.
  • Improved: Support for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
  • Improved: Forensic logging related to connection with Emsisoft Enterprise Console.
  • Several minor tweaks and fixes.

Changeblog

Dedicated Thread

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I just tested the option, i prefer stay on EAM rather than 2 RT AVs at same time, and on my side Windows Defender uses a bit more CPU. (around 2%)
Had not much time to play with it, but I like having the option to test controlled folders and enjoy the great protection of EAM at the same time (y)

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Important info about the Beta :

by unticking the WDSC integration option in EAM (in settings) , you get back Windows Defender and its Controlled Folder option.
Are both EAM and WD on at the same time or you just have controlled folders by tricking WD?

EDIT: I just checked other comments. Both will actually be on.

Last edited:

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Are both EAM and WD on at the same time or you just have controlled folders by tricking WD?

EDIT: I just checked other comments. Both will actually be on.
I haven't tried this but what if a user doesn't disable Windows defender completely but only disables real-time protection via gpedit. I think this way both EAM real-time protection plus controlled folder option will be available to user without the overhead of running another AV.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I haven't tried this but what if a user doesn't disable Windows defender completely but only disables real-time protection via gpedit. I think this way both EAM real-time protection plus controlled folder option will be available to user without the overhead of running another AV.
Wouldn't work. Realtime protection needs to be on in order to have access to controlled folder access.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Hi,

We've just released a new beta of Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2017.10.0.8134 – with BETA updates enabled:

Changeblogs
Using it. Apparently WD usage stays to less than .5% for me in most cases so i am trying the folder control thingy to protect my backups. It should be a pretty secure way to do it with Emsisoft running and stopping injection into legitimate applications.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2017.12.0.8311 – with BETA updates enabled:

• New: Automatic seat activation for multiple seat licenses.
  • Improved: Migration of the separate logs into Forensics.
  • Improved: GUI simplification: some settings have been removed for a better user experience.
  • Improved: Possible compatibility issue warning when another installed Anti-virus/Anti-malware program is detected.
  • Improved: Initial integration with Windows Security Center after being installed with MSI.
  • Improved: Extended possibilities to resize the main overview screen.
  • Fixed: Enterprise Console Connect/Disconnect buttons availability in Admin-mode.
  • Many minor tweaks and fixes.

Changeblog

Discussion Thread

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2018.1.0.8388 – with BETA updates enabled:

• New: Redesigned Behavior Blocker panel that combines application rules with active application processes.
  • New: Simplified application rules editor that integrates with the ‘Exclude from monitoring’ list.
  • New: Application rule templates with wildcard- and environment variables support, to be defined via Emsisoft Enterprise Console.
  • New: Ability to connect Emsisoft Anti-Malware with Emsisoft Enterprise Console via script for automation.
  • Improved: Forensics log view settings are now automatically saved.
  • Fixed: Crash when starting a scan from the tray-icon.
  • Several minor tweaks and fixes.

Changeblog

Discussion Thread

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2018.2.0.8461 – with BETA updates enabled:

• [*]New: Behavior Blocker alert option “Auto resolve, notifications for threats only”, which replaces the previous default setting “Auto resolve, with lookup notifications”.

[*]New: Ability to permanently disable “Recommended reading” notifications.
    [*]New: Shortcut button “Fix now” to resolve any non- or partially- protected product states.

[*]Improved: Automatic licence remapping.
    [*]Improved: Factory reset now resets grids and Emsisoft Security Center screen position.
    [*]Improved: Compatibility with Windows Security Center.
    [*]Fixed: Export of hostrules in Settings / Export settings.
    [*]Fixed: Occasional freezes of scan tasks.
    [*]Several minor UI/UX improvements for a smoother workflow, i.e. reworded malware notifications.
    [*]Several minor tweaks and fixes.
Changeblog

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.