Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 11.0 released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solarquest

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
Klima69,
you were faster! :)
Great news, thanks for sharing.
The new version is 11.0.0.5911.

idaho

Level 1
Verified
Nov 1, 2015
Very light on system resources, my first fellings. Protection is superb as always.

idaho

Level 1
Verified
Nov 1, 2015
Instalation takes few minutes, updates same, small, no slow down at all.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
how about signature update and signature size? :)
As expected, it will be big due to Bitdefender's signatures.
Downloading now for installation later. :D

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
As expected, it will be big due to Bitdefender's signatures.
Downloading now for installation later. :D

Yes, it is going to big RAM consumption when Bitdefender signatures load into the RAM. However, if you check "Memory usage optimization" on Emsisoft, then it will going to consume less than 10MB RAM usage. Which is incredible for an internet security suite with superb zero day protections and signatures use less than 10MB RAM.

Reactions: XhenEd
H

hjlbx

Emsisoft Internet Security offers best balance of protection vs complexity, system impact, compatibility, reliability, learnability, usability, required user decisions, etc. They have good support. Report problem, they fix it relatively fast = faster than any other vendor that I have seen. They have excellent malware removal support.

EIS is paid product. You are not only paying for protection, you are also paying for support and malware removal if needed - all are very good if you understand how these work. All of it is included in purchase price - which makes EIS a good deal.

IF you are novice then, to you, entire IT world is crap - because you do not yet know how things work with softs and IT matters.

If novice or typical user is looking for a solid internet security suite, EIS is very good choice. It is not perfect, but instead one of the best options available.

Add Sandboxie and AppGuard or NVT ERP and you have yourself quite a security config that won't overwhelm intermediate or advanced user.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Glad to see a new version is released.:)

I remember that, it was promised to improve the local-based protection capability of the behavior blocker.

But I have not found statements related to this in the blog.

Well, it is mentioned that:
Emsisoft Version 11 can now quarantine these infections on its own.

But I do not know whether this is related to the local-based protection, because AMN can also be viewed as "its own"...

Reactions: XhenEd

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
Glad to see a new version is released.:)

I remember that, it was promised to improve the local-based protection capability of the behavior blocker.

But I have not found statements related to this in the blog.

Well, it is mentioned that:

But I do not know whether this is related to the local-based protection, because AMN can also be viewed as "its own"...

Basically they want to reduce the amount of pop-ups users will get from the Behavior Blocker :)

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Installed EAM just now... Very heavy RAM usage for me. Over 200MB for Protection Service; more than Bitdefender; the heaviest I've ever run.

Pic

Is that normal? Or will it go down eventually...

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
@CMLew it's normal, after a few hours RAM will go down under 100 MB.
When i was using EAM RAM was about 30 MB

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Installed EAM just now... Very heavy RAM usage for me. Over 200MB for Protection Service; more than Bitdefender; the heaviest I've ever run.

Pic

Is that normal? Or will it go down eventually...

Memory usage isnt a sinal that an antivirus is heavy or not, so dont worry.
I actually like to see that my antivirus is using my RAM and not allocating the signature database to Pagefile (it is something that slowdown system performance).

If you are concerned about memory usage, just leave memory optimization enabled and the ram usage will go down with time (like Tonibalas said).

idaho

Level 1
Verified
Nov 1, 2015
Just like to write my experience, what I had today w customer service EMSISOFT. I needed some help with my licence, I had responce in 3 hrs back, with solution good for me. Guys, EMSISOFT has great detection - YES, is very light on system resources -YES, is expensive - NOT SO MUCH. But with paid licence I can be sure, that I have for over 4 years one of best customer supports in this industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.