Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 2017.7 released

Is the new "Auto-resolve mode for behavior blocker alerts" a good addition?

• Yes

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Released: Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 2017.7 released

Changelog:
---------------
Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 2017.7.0.7838 released. This release includes fixes, enhancements and stability improvements.

This update will require an application restart.

• New: Forensic log: a condensed timeline that shows all events and user actions in an easy to read form.
  • New: Auto-resolve mode for behavior blocker alerts: an option that makes all decisions on its own.
  • New: Anti-Malware Network lookups during quarantine re-scans, to reduce the number of false positives.
  • New: General warning for possible compatibility issues with other already installed Anti-virus/Anti-Malware programs, during installation.
  • Improved: Program startup and updater performance.
  • Improved: Several minor tweaks and fixes.
  • Fixed: Issue that showed the scanner result window in scheduled scans even if silent mode was enabled.
  • Fixed: Application rules: ‘always block’ rules were not applied.
--------------

Source: Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 2017.7 released

Last edited by a moderator:

I will know if it's good when I actually test it for a while. I just updated last night.

It is testing the same on my end, but I did find that once in a while a program that is allowed to be auto-quarantined is sent to the quarantine folder, but does not show up in the GUI quarantine list. Other than that I can find nothing so far. Minor GUI thingy.

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
I really like how they implemented a solution to escape the AV institutes' moron radar while not breaking functionality for people who can tie their own shoes in the morning. No change in philosophy and the function can be turned on or off at your leisure. Great job. :)

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
This is good addition imo, at least for all the noob users who doesn't want to see a pop-up asking if a program should be allowed to run or not. And for other users it doesn't matter, provided they can disable it.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I really like how they implemented a solution to escape the AV institutes' moron radar while not breaking functionality for people who can tie their own shoes in the morning. No change in philosophy and the function can be turned on or off at your leisure. Great job. :)
'Moron Radar', :D. Call it whatever you like, but it still represents how the majority of users behave in a similar situation.

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
'Moron Radar', :D. Call it whatever you like, but it still represents how the majority of users behave in a similar situation.

I know @rockstarrocks, it sure does. :D I still don't like that the testers cater to and enforce that behavior.
Give a man a fish and he'll be fed for the day. Teach him how to fish… you get my drift. ;)

Reactions: brambedkar59

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
It's about a time, remember that any product should also align to be user friendly throughout the all level of users. If the BB is already smart enough then why not implement an auto-response? Good addition from Emsisoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.