App Review Emsisoft Anti-Malware Test and Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

MalwareT

Thread author
Emsisoft Anti-Malware Test and Review.

Good:
-Low memory usage (2MB)
-Great web blocking
-100% detection rate
-System wasn't infected because malware pack was empty

Bad:
-Nothing.
Overall rating:
One.PNG
. Sorry about lag in video, that wasn't Emsisoft's fault, it was due to my vm.

Video:

sid_16

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
I'm using it (version 9, reinstalled yesterday) along with Eset SS7 and noticed the system taking little more time to boot than the normal time. May be due to two real time av enabled.

Reactions: MalwareT

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
I'm using it (version 9, reinstalled yesterday) along with Eset SS7 and noticed the system taking little more time to boot than the normal time. May be due to two real time av enabled.
choose 1 from them. its just to much realy not needed to have this 2 top avs installed on the same time..

M

MalwareT

Thread author

It's not recommended to run two antivirus programs at same time.

Reactions: Kent

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
I too did some personal (EAM) test on my real machine, a couple of days back.... and it worked flawlessly. Is really lightweight. Eagerly waiting for EIS 9.

Viper007

Level 3
Verified
May 27, 2014
I'm pretty sure you can run Emsisoft Anti-Malware with Eset Smarty Security that is what I do not any problems.
yes i spoke to support about this a week ago and emsisoft anti malware works well with other antivirus programs i mentiioned kaspersky, eset also and he said they work fine with them. emsisoft is still a companion anti virus and can be used along side another, just that some people might see slow downs on there pc depending on specs etc.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.