Battle Emsisoft Anti-Malware vs Crystal Security

void011

Level 2
Verified
Nov 25, 2015
CS is free, lighter than EAM (EAM is also light) but lacks of BB.
EAM works well when offline while CS requires network to fully function.
Both are effective, easily to use and configure and lack of firewall (can be implemented with other free third-party ones).

Overall winner goes to EAM. You can use both since CS is designed to be used as a companion layer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hangtooth

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
I used Emsisoft Anti Malware before Emsisoft Internet Security, so i will choose Emsisoft because their products is great plus their community forum. I've never use Crystal Security, so i have no answer to this product.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
EAM contains one of the best Behaviour Blockers (don't I miss Mamutu). Works just fine without a connection granted you have the data base updated and removal capabilities are far superior compared to Crystal.

Also, you cannot really compare EAM with Crystal. If you going to compare EAM, compare it to another non-cloud only solution.
Furthermore, EAM is way longer in the market, therefore more mature.

If you were to compare EAM with Symantec/Kaspersky/ESET etc and Crystal with WSA and Panda Cloud then yes you would have more constructive opinions.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Please don't compare a homemade product with a top notch Anti-Malware.

Crystal Security is a great product made by our awesome friend and developer kardo. I have nothing against it.

But it's like comparing one gladiator with an entire kingdom.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.