Battle Emsisoft Anti Malware vs. Kaspersky 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

do you compare Emsisoft AM against Kaspersky AV or IS?

if Kaspersky IS , then you should compare it with Emsisoft IS (EAM + OAP)

In that case, Emsisoft all the way...but i am not impartial, i dont like KIS and i love Emsisoft :p

more seriously:

In detection they are quite similar after some tests done here in the malware hub, KIS is known for its very good detection, Emsisoft uses its own engine plus Bit Defender one; so for me it is equal.

In prevention, KIS has a strong webfilter, HIPS and banking mode but Emsisoft has the best Behavior Blocker and HIPS on the market, so i will say Emsisoft in term of prevention.

i suggest to test the trial of both of them, then you will have a better feedback, remember that every system is different so what is true for me may be different for you.

P

Plexx

Umbra basically explained everything. Only thing I do not agree 100 is the HIPS statement of OA. Being the best is a bit subjective. However, do agree HIPS from OA and COMODO are on a different level than the rest of the HIPS on the market (for x64 systems that is).

@OP: do you not take into consideration system responsiveness and impact? If you do, then you should trial both as Umbra suggested.

Kaspersky has some boot time increase, even on my i7 I am noticing it. EAM seems a hit and miss tho.

Kaspersky also has decent protection, from what I have thrown in to see its core mechanics. Not something I will personally use but that is because I am a gamer.

Chippel

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
Well, I did test both and it seems that Kaspersky don't detect adware often.

Moreover I wanted to compare Anti Malware against KAV.

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
@OP

Adware are easy to remove with tool like Hitman Pro,or Malwarebytes free edition. So for me (at least) it shall not matter,but KIS can screw your system up with its updates

P

Plexx

Payback said:
So for me (at least) it shall not matter,but KIS can screw your system up with its updates

And how exactly have you drawn that conclusion?

Only issue of Kaspersky when it comes to updates on most users is the length/duration.

I see you are still going off topic instead of staying on Topic.

OP asked between 2 products and you reply with a 3rd and 4th product instead.

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
Biozfear said:
Payback said:
So for me (at least) it shall not matter,but KIS can screw your system up with its updates

Only issue of Kaspersky when it comes to updates on most users is the length/duration.

If you have noticed a topic that I created a topic regarding to KIS updates which made my system unstable

Also,forgive me but I am not doing it by myself or doing it for spamming this forums. Thank you

Also,I forgot to add "I agree with Umbra Corp,you honestly needs to check yourself,system impact etc,also for me,I never used EAM,but if I am right,EAM have better HIPS and Firewall than Kaspersky,but the choice is yours"

Thanks,also..if you feel I am going off-topic,just PM me...

I

illumination

They both are good, neither are 100% perfect. Biozfear hit it on the head when he said he does not use it because he is a gamer, and i say this because like with all other security programs, when you come down to choosing between one or another the final analysis depends on your system resources/your uses/and knowledge.

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
Biozfear said:
Payback said:

Also,then OP should provide info of what software they exactly meant,how would I know Kaspersky internet security/Kaspersky anti-virus/Kaspersky Pure? I took a guess of KIS,cause most of people just buy internet security suit rather than buying AV or the total suite thing (ex : Norton 360,Kaspersky Pure,Trend Micro Titanium Security,Bitdefender Total Security)

P

Plexx

I actually ran KAV 2013 for the last 24 hours. Apart from boot time increase, with Gaming mode on, I was able to notice a light performance in terms of Lag and FPS as opposed to having Gaming mode off.

However its results in Lag and FPS was still below avast!, CAV and EAM.

It was a fun 24 hour test drive as in I revisited Kaspersky and actually explored further their settings to its core mechanics as well as its protection modules.

It's boot slowdown and some slight overall computer performance is still fine for a high end system for day to day tasks, but for gaming, it will depend if you want to focus on Online or Offline gaming.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I agree with Biozfear and Umbra.The only way to really know is to try them out for yourself.Both products are very good.For the sake of the poll I will choose KIS 2013 because that is what I use.I dont do much PC gaming anymore and really the only slowdown is boot time.Updates might be longer than some but isnt an issue on my system.I havent used Emsisoft in a complete suite,I think its a good product but right now KIS has done the job for me.

These Polls really get a members personal opinion of what they like.It's the same as if you put a poll for what car do you think is best,best features,best safety or best gas mileage.Everyone is going to have a choice based on what they like or have been comfortable using.

Im not saying these polls are bad they are just subjective

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
In terms of protection i would rate them almost same, though both uses different techniques for protection

Difference lie
EAM+OAP is lighter than KIS
KIS is kinda a install and forget rather than Emsisoft which requires more of a user interaction, therefore if a user not very sure of what he is doing than i would suggest KIS

D

Deleted member 178

as far as i (may) know, Emsisoft employees don't anonymously creates a testing/review website and declare their product as the best in their test...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.