App Review Emsisoft Anti-Malware vs WiseVector StopX - Take With New Samples | J ITech Solutions

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
J ITech Solutions

lvseqiji

Level 2
Mar 30, 2022
I agree with @L0ckJaw.

Personally, nothing but a good experience with Emsisoft. Now I'm trying out Microsoft Defender, with my subscription about to be expired. However, even though the system got infected, I am quite disappointed that the tester didn't commit all the way through and called it quits. Granted, I don't know what I'm doing with these tests, but I at least expected him to try a manual scan with Emsisoft afterwards. If only to see if just the real-time protection got bypassed and disabled, or the entire security solution crippled.

Question: Did Emsisoft got bombarded to the point that the Behaviour blocker simply could not keep up?
Maybe.

In fact, early version of WV had problems when too many samples run at the same time.

Developer said such condition not gonna happen in reality, but they fixed it anyway.:ROFLMAO:

ItsReallyMe

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2017
PC is getting irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD when I start WVSX! I have KIS, HMPA
It only happen for the first time i open WVSX, after the irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD restart, it can start and function as normal!

• Sad
Reactions: Nevi and bayasdev

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014
  1. @SecureKongo Thanks for the video test

2. WiseVector StopX is an interesting product from the beginning

(WiseVector StopX V1.0 July 1, 2018)

3. It is important that there are many different manufacturers,
    of security products are available.
    This increases the chance of new innovative
    products and techniques against malware.
  4. And it is also important to support not only manufacturers or individual programmers like here at MalwareTips,
    and in other forums around the world . We also need to thank those who do private testing and private video testing,
    it helps to better understand the product testing process.

Jürgen Becker (German, cabaret artist)
    Nothing is so bad that it is not good for something

It means that you can learn something from everything to make a positive difference.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.