App Review Emsisoft AntiMalware 2018 vs Ransomwares

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Comment your opinion

• Would you use it ?

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • If no ... plz comment the reason .

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Don't forget..There are tight competitors to him...If a Ransom passes its BB ..then??
Kaspersky G data give a roll back ..but these 3 are in recommended list:D;)
Yes, GDATA and Kaspersky are very good too.(y) But one thing that i love with Emsisoft, is that it's a small, very effective, tight package. EAM is also superb protection for its relatively low cost.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Yes, GDATA and Kaspersky are very good too.(y) But one thing that i love with Emsisoft, is that it's a small, very effective, tight package. EAM is also superb protection for its relatively low cost.
Yes the sad thing is EAM resellers are nil across South India...Even when I ask my regular sellers they give a ??...Emsisoft should focus on marketing and selling the products in India...Hope in future:)

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Yes the sad thing is EAM resellers are nil across South India...Even when I ask my regular sellers they give a ??...Emsisoft should focus on marketing and selling the products in India...Hope in future:)
I can understand you:).Did you try to buy directly from their website?
If you buy a 3yr license, it's about 48 or 49 USD. If you compare that price with other products, it's extremely cheap, taking into consideration of how effective Emsisoft is. 49 USD is about 3,300 indian Rupees.(y)
Of course some other products offer more features, such as Password managers, optimizers, but they are often very limited.Better buy them as a single and complete product. It can be cheaper and you can get good deals such as lifetime licenses:alien:

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
I can understand you:).Did you try to buy directly from their website?
If you buy a 3yr license, it's about 48 or 49 USD. If you compare that price with other products, it's extremely cheap, taking into consideration of how effective Emsisoft is. 49 USD is about 3,300 indian Rupees.(y)
Of course some other products offer more features, such as Password managers, optimizers, but they are often very limited.Better buy them as a single and complete product. It can be cheaper and you can get good deals such as lifetime licenses:alien:
You will surprise ..I get G data IS 1Pc 3yrs @ 800/- INR...since I buy it through G data Authorised Reseller...Emsi Ok for that price ..but still they should focus on extensive selling across India :)

bob974

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2013

Emsisoft is the only software that leaves nothing to uninstall. Revo uninstaller pro finds nothing to remove. Therefore light to install and suitable for uninstallation.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
You will surprise ..I get G data IS 1Pc 3yrs @ 800/- INR...since I buy it through G data Authorised Reseller...Emsi Ok for that price ..but still they should focus on extensive selling across India :)
Definitly it's far far cheaper.:X3: Gdata is an awesome product too, and you get it at a better price and for 3yrs. Lets hope that you get more resellers with time in India concerning Emsisoft(y)

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
sure one of the best behavior blocker and a fantastic team behind emsisoft. (y)
but the price is very high for the first time.
i know that it's more and more cheaper with the years...but i have a limit for it-security,
because (or just because) there are a lot of good free programms too

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018

In Japan too emisi is only famous for on-demand, little real-time protection products are known.

I am pleased that emisi likes being able to entrust protection with a simple setting.

insanity

Level 5
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
Although we understand that Emsisoft BB is very strong, I don't think this test is meaningful or accurate. If you guys watch the video, you can see that the EAM Network is enabled, so Emsisoft is checking the cloud before blocking the threats. And unless the samples were from really 0-day malware, we know that the samples are going to be blocked, because Globe Imposter, Wana Decryptor and others are well known pieces of malware.

Last edited:

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Emsisoft has one of the best if not the best behavior blocker on the market along with Kaspersky and G-Data, so it is always a pleasure to watch those tests.

Although we understand that Emsisoft BB is very strong, I don't think this test is meaningful or accurate. If you guys watch the video, you can see that the EAM Network is enabled, so Emsisoft is checking the cloud before blocking the threats. And unless the samples were from really 0-day malware, we know that the samples are going to be blocked, because Globe Imposter, Wana Decryptor and others are well known pieces of malware.

That isnt how EAM Network and BB interaction works; EAM Network just take a automatic decision (to reduce popups) after the Behavior Blocker detects something suspicious.

The only difference when the EAM Network isnt used is that you actually get some Popups to answer, but the detection/protection is actually the same.

Refer to this test made by @RejZoR :

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.