Battle Emsisoft AntiMalware 5.1 + Comodo Firewall Vs Norton Internet Security 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

RE: Emsisoft anti malware 5.1+good firewall (COMODO) Vs Norton Internet Security 2012

i use this combo with CIS instead of just Comodo Firewall, it is very strong. EAM (and its double engine and BB) is one of the top 3 apps for 0-days protection. if in addition you have Comodo FW with his ultra powerful HIPS (defense+, the best one actually with Defensewall); your system is bullet proof. i highly recommend this combo to people who can manage pop ups.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If I was going to consider buying software, I would expect it to be no non-sense and easy to use. So in this case it would be Norton Internet Security 2012.

You are more likely to find better deals with Norton software, than Emsisoft.

D

Deleted member 178

i didnt included economic aspect on my post, just the protection side. but of course EAM was always expensive compared to other products like NIS or KIS. if i didnt won the EAM giveaways i will just use CIS.

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
It's hard to look past NIS for its strong performance, ease-of-use and negligible impact on the system. It's a very streamlined product, with cohesive features that are so seamlessly integrated and efficient, it is a de-facto benchmark for all-in-one suites. The positive experience starts with installation - NIS installs in less than 2 minutes, compared to the lengthy and cumbersome installation of most of their competitors. Silent and unobtrusive, strong and light protection, there's not much not to like.

The few issues that counted against EAM 5.1, such as heavier impact on system performance, very slow scans and an above average FP count, to name a few, have been convincingly addressed with their 6.0 release. What has never been questioned is the excellent protection. Combined with an excellent firewall/HIPS [OA, Comodo, Privatefirewall], this is a formidable combo.

I'd have to go with EAM 6.0 & Comodo Firewall.

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
NathanF1 said:
It's hard to look past NIS for its strong performance, ease-of-use and negligible impact on the system. It's a very streamlined product, with cohesive features that are so seamlessly integrated and efficient, it is a de-facto benchmark for all-in-one suites. The positive experience starts with installation - NIS installs in less than 2 minutes, compared to the lengthy and cumbersome installation of most of their competitors. Silent and unobtrusive, strong and light protection, there's not much not to like.

The few issues that counted against EAM 5.1, such as heavier impact on system performance, very slow scans and an above average FP count, to name a few, have been convincingly addressed with their 6.0 release. What has never been questioned is the excellent protection. Combined with an excellent firewall/HIPS [OA, Comodo, Privatefirewall], this is a formidable combo.

I'd have to go with EAM 6.0 & Comodo Firewall.

Well said Nathan, i couldn't agree more. :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.