App Review Emsisoft Behaviour Blocker Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Hi all,

Behaviour Blocker Battles kicks off with Emsisoft Internet Security! Does Emsisoft have the 1st place Behaviour Blocker? Watch this brand new series to find out!

Thanks for watching & more videos will be coming soon!

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Thanks for review <3
but whats the point of these solo behavior blockers tests?
if we want a comparassion, i think we need to test some products together , not one by one right? or i'm in mistake
just this quesstion showdup in my mind :D

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Thanks for review <3
if we want a comparassion, i think we need to test some products together , not one by one right? or i'm in mistake
No problem, I personally don't just do Behaviour Blocker tests. If you've seen my videos before I normally do reviews & malware demos, tutorials, etc. But I've started this series to share the potential of each AV whilst it's offline - the Behaviour Blocker works offline & should be a last line of protection/defense.

Yes I could do comparisons, but then I would have to do lots of videos with the same AV vs another different AV, eg. Emsisoft VS Kaspersky, Emsisoft VS Bitdefender, then it starts to get repetitive.

Thanks for watching :)

W

Wave

Thread author
Thanks for review <3
He wants to test the Behavior Blocker component alone to see how effective it is against malware, some people may only want Emsisoft for the BB and use something else for real-time/web protection/firewall, etc.

IMO it should be the entire product + components tested since layered protection is the way to go but if he wants to see standalone results then let's find out and see how good it is :)

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
another cool test by MB:)
Please test avast 17 new Behavior shield
I think thay've done a great job
This is on my list :) Thanks for watching!

He wants to test the Behavior Blocker component alone to see how effective it is against malware, some people may only want Emsisoft for the BB and use something else for real-time/web protection/firewall, etc.

IMO it should be the entire product + components tested since layered protection is the way to go but if he wants to see standalone results then let's find out and see how good it is :)
You are correct :D Don't worry I will continue to post normal reviews of the whole layered protection offered, but this is like a side project ;)

W

Wave

Thread author
Nice review. :)

1. AV signatures will depend on the type of detection method; most products use SHA-1 or SHA-256 for the static database of checksum detection methods as opposed to MD5 these days. Some AM products like Xvirus Personal Guard still use MD5 however it's not as secure as SHA-1/SHA-256 so it's not as used anymore. You have static heuristics which will include signature-based detection based on the bytes within the PE, and other factors which are not signature-based in itself, such as scanning the PE File Header, Import Address Table, and calculating the entropy, etc.

2. Emsisoft Anti-Malware/Internet Security will only query the program for the Anti-Malware network once suspicious activity has been found - they do this for the user's privacy and to prevent system slow-down, since if they checked the cloud for every single program then there'd be a performance impact and they'd know which programs you were running and the time, etc. Therefore, when the BB/HIPS finds something suspicious, it'll query it and depending on the cloud result will depend on if an alert will be shown or not. (I assume this is how it works at least).

That's all I have to add. :)

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
nice test like always!!!! thanks for the test!!!!! i think i will continue use emsisoft for a long time!
Nice review. :)

1. AV signatures will depend on the type of detection method; most products use SHA-1 or SHA-256 for the static database of checksum detection methods as opposed to MD5 these days. Some AM products like Xvirus Personal Guard still use MD5 however it's not as secure as SHA-1/SHA-256 so it's not as used anymore. You have static heuristics which will include signature-based detection based on the bytes within the PE, and other factors which are not signature-based in itself, such as scanning the PE File Header, Import Address Table, and calculating the entropy, etc.

2. Emsisoft Anti-Malware/Internet Security will only query the program for the Anti-Malware network once suspicious activity has been found - they do this for the user's privacy and to prevent system slow-down, since if they checked the cloud for every single program then there'd be a performance impact and they'd know which programs you were running and the time, etc. Therefore, when the BB/HIPS finds something suspicious, it'll query it and depending on the cloud result will depend on if an alert will be shown or not. (I assume this is how it works at least).

That's all I have to add. :)
Thanks, I think Emsisoft still uses MD5 among other things.

Excelent awesome Emsisoft internet security:eek:
Indeed it is :)
@MalwareBlockerYT,

Thank You for the test

You have tested CCAV i.e Comodo Cloud Antivirus yet?
Thanks & I still haven't yet, Comodo Internet Security 10 Review coming soon though!

Great review. Thanks for that @MalwareBlockerYT :)

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Great work, my friend, congratulations!
I've used several security suites, but what makes me safe is Emsisoft Internet Security.
Congratulations again for your work!
Thanks & so have I, Emsisoft is what I'm using now though ;)

Excellent "sideproject" MalwareBlockerYT !! It was interesting watch as always. Thank you.
Thanks :D I actually have a few other sideprojects I'm working on: Possibly an AV (that will take a while) & also a Malware Dictionary will be written soon!

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
These are just a few things I have to test/record:

How to decrypt your files
How to setup a VM for testing
Malware Removal Guide
trustport internet security
WinAntiRansom
McAffee Test
Trend Micro Test
Quick Heal Total Security
k7 total security
SecureAPlus
Vipre Internet Security Pro
Arcabit Internet Security
Ad-Aware Pro Security
Toolwiz TimeFreeze or Shadow Defender
Norton
NoBot
HerdProtect
KnowBe4 Ran Sim

And that's only a few...Some of those were requested months ago but I don't have time to record videos on them as well as all the Main AV reviews, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.