Advice Request Emsisoft blocked Firefox?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

robin hood

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Dec 12, 2012
Emsisoft block firefox,just for me or for everyone?(windows7 pro x86)

CC: @Fabian Wosar

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Emsisoft's Behavior Blocker detects almost everything that is not known by it as suspicious malware. Hundreds of times on my PC, it blocked uninstall.exe of programs while uninstalling. Yesterday, I was installing Adguard on Windows and the Behavior Blocker prompted 5/6 times while installing. It's usually detects those as "CodeInjector", "HiddenInstallation" etc. I have to choose "Wait, I think this is safe" every time. Someday, I would probably be attacked by a real malware and I would choose that one safe too because that's what I have to do usually. This has become so frustrating for me that even though I have a license of Emsisoft, I uninstalled it yesterday.
Now it detected Firefox too!!! That's sad.

Last edited:

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Something modified firewall rules right before Firefox injected into another process, both times the user was given the option to say it was safe. Clearly some investigation needs to occur but people seem to prefer bashing the program, interesting.

I always find it interesting when people scream false positive. I reimagined almost every if I get a weird warning (which is rare). Usually I don’t get it again.

For those that are worried about ssd write cycles: replacing an ssd is cheaper than a Trojan or keylogger exfiltrating your sensitive information. Just my opinion.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.