Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Malware reviews by Umbra inside malware analysis is my dream, I know he is busy, but in future... Who knows...

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
It's true. Put a HIPS alert packed with infos in front of a typical user. They don't know what any of it means.

That would be me so as a typical user it would scare the life out of me if i was faced a whole bunch of data that i couldn't comprehend, i know i speak for the minority on here though but again as a typical user, when i am looking at security software, i look for the whole package, i.e - with a firewall included as i don't feel confident enough in sorting that out myself and i guess a lot of "typical users" are the same as me so i guess we can't please all of the people all of the time. To be fair, i had never even heard of Emsisoft until i came across this site so maybe a more aggressive marketing strategy by Emsisoft would be good, widen their target areas.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
I think the Emsisoft interface could be smaller and rounded a bit on the edges, it would look more modern.

An area where Emsisoft could improve would be in the signatures update. Sometimes updates are really big, especially if your Pc was not turned on for several days. Perhaps integrating some of the definitions in the cloud and the more prevalent threats definitions could be downloaded locally.

Other than that i think Emsisoft is on the right track. Exclusively focused on protection against malwares and hacking, and Firewall removal was an excellent decision(y)

Please, no tune-up stuffs, half baked password managers, 'Secure browsers', browser add-ons and other bloatwares in future releases:notworthy: Keep it as it is, focused on protection and killing malwares.:alien:(y)(y)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.