Status
Not open for further replies.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I would like more companies to be conscious of exchange rates. If you ask for the same price globally you may end up with prices that are too high for a local market and get no sales at all... Kaspersky and Bitdefender already change their prices according to local markets, for instance.

CoherentCrayon

Level 4
Verified
Jun 23, 2017
Creating an auto-run entry itself is suspicious. The BB detects and alerts to various auto-run creations. The user is expected to pay attention to what is happening on the system within the context of what the user is doing - and figure out whether it is potentially malicious or safe.

An auto-run alert out of nowhere is a red flag. It's common sense. An auto-run alert while installing a program that is widely accepted as safe and is known to run at system startup is not suspicious. It's common sense.

Asking for malicious code to be displayed in alerts is ridiculous. I am not being abrasive, but you don't know what you're asking for.
I didn't mean for malicious code to be displayed in the alerts, but I meant it should display what suspicious thing the program is doing, which is what the "Alert" mode in the BB does I think after I read some posts.

/steel9

Thread author
I didn't mean for malicious code to be displayed in the alerts, but I meant it should display what suspicious thing the program is doing, which is what the "Alert" mode in the BB does I think after I read some posts.

/steel9

People have asked Emsisoft many times to show, for example, the auto-run that is being created, but they refuse to do it. Their argument is that their typical user will not know what to do with the infos and therefore will not benefit from any additional infos in the existing alerts.

I don't disagree. The behavior blocker does its job regardless of the infos in the alert and the same applies to the AMN query.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
Their argument is that their typical user will not know what to do with the infos and therefore will not benefit from any additional infos in the existing alerts.
Saddest thing I have read today. Hope never dies, maybe some day not so much typical Emsisoft users get some luv'

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
How I would like to see it ..during installation, Emsisoft suggests for typical users to select an opt-out option for more in-depth details about Behaviour Blocker alerts to not confuse them even more, those who want to see more information and can handle it, leave it enabled.. :rolleyes:

Thread author
How I would like to see it ..during installation, Emsisoft suggests for typical users to select an opt-out option for more in-depth details about Behaviour Blocker alerts, those who want to see more information and can handle it, leave it enabled.. :rolleyes:

You can ask @Umbra to confirm, but that has been requested many times.

insanity

Level 5
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
How I would like to see it ..during installation, Emsisoft suggests for typical users to select an opt-out option for more in-depth details about Behaviour Blocker alerts to not confuse them even more, those who want to see more information and can handle it, leave it enabled

Or it should be available at Protection>Behavior Blocker; so we could have Auto-resolve, Alert and Detailed Information as the options and probably the first or the second one as default for the average user.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
First thing to note is that you have a very good customer care and Thomas Ott from you deserves a + from my side. Regarding EAM i like its BB.
Mr. Ott and I are familiar with each other, EmsiSoft could not have a nicer person representing them
and their product. @Fabian Wosar needs to see if Mr. Ott would pop in here and say hi.

jrw666

Level 2
Verified
Oct 24, 2016
I seriously do not know from where the Emisosft hype comed. Emsisoft isn't a innovation in my eyes.
Please don't understand me wrong. Emsisoft isn't "perfect" but many members of this forum are blessing this software. No software is perfect but Kaspersky Lab is more perfect for less money. You can say to me that Emsisoft has a good behavior blocker. So it is. But the competitors are offering better software for fewer money. Or do you want to say me that Avast and Kaspersky Lab are not so good (...like Emsisoft)? Emsisoft needs finally a feature that is standing out. It could be that Emsisoft uses better technologies but the customer isn't interrested for it if a second company has nearly the same feature.

Kaspersky has always been buggy for me. 2017 worked ok, but it updated to 2018 and I got randon BSOD crashes. Same thing happened a few years ago when I tried it, updates breaking things, taking ages to fix.

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
Kaspersky has always been buggy for me. 2017 worked ok, but it updated to 2018 and I got randon BSOD crashes. Same thing happened a few years ago when I tried it, updates breaking things, taking ages to fix.
Kaspersky 2018 is in BETA. If Kaspersky 2017 worked for you OK then your argument isn't a argument for not buying Kaspersky.

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Emsisoft got rid of Online Armor precisely because they didn't want to cater to security soft geeks. And it is security soft geeks and those that don't understand how the BB works that want turn EAM back into OA.

OA was the best firewall ever, i`m very sorry they quit developing it but the transformation of it was good until they merged EIS with EAM.

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
More detailed information in BB, what specific actions were done by program X. (I want to see modified registry keys, altered settings, accesed files etc.)

I agree on this, for advanced users it`s important to see this kind of info.

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
I seriously do not know from where the Emisosft hype comed. Emsisoft isn't a innovation in my eyes.
Please don't understand me wrong. Emsisoft isn't "perfect" but many members of this forum are blessing this software. No software is perfect but Kaspersky Lab is more perfect for less money. You can say to me that Emsisoft has a good behavior blocker. So it is. But the competitors are offering better software for fewer money. Or do you want to say me that Avast and Kaspersky Lab are not so good (...like Emsisoft)? Emsisoft needs finally a feature that is standing out. It could be that Emsisoft uses better technologies but the customer isn't interrested for it if a second company has nearly the same feature.

Good point. One thing to add here: Emsisoft sponsors lots of giveaways on various forums allowing us to get free licenses for their software whilst Kaspersky focuses more on selling and less on sponsorship. This is of course my point of view on this issue. The reality is that i got some licenses for EAM or EIS winning them on giveaways or getting them alongside other software products sold in a bundle. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.