Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Hi
I have used Kaspersky but actually Kaspersky have many features of protection which don't run on Windows 10 and/or on 64 bits systems.
I'm trying Emsisoft Internet Security and it's more easy to use and it runs on all types of systems.
I vote Emsisoft.
I'm not sure about EIS, but it's not only with Kaspersky that has limitations with Windows 10 and/or 64-bit systems. Kaspersky just made it public, albeit discreetly. Other security vendors just don't want to talk about the limitations.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I'm not sure if that article still applies to the current versions or patches of Kaspersky.
KIS MR1, for example, has this: "Microsoft Windows 10 is now fully supported."
Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 release notes

That's the problem of Kaspersky. They don't perform cleanups with their articles, help files or whitepapers.

Edit (to avoid the deletion of my post :D ): EIS 11, as far as I know, is fully compatible with Windows 10. It is only with full 64-bit protection that I'm not sure with given MS' Patch Guard.

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Emsisoft, simple to config for novice and Advanced users alike.
I have run both EAM and EIS and never noticed mem usage in the 100 MB region.
I own paid versions of both.
I have used KIS in the past and have experienced slightly slower start times and lag in online
gaming servers.
EmsiSoft got my vote. :)
PeAcE

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
My vote goes to Emsisoft IS.
Not a long time user right now, but I'm quite impressed by it's cloud reputatio feature, which seems to go hand-in-hand with the solid Behaviour blocker.
As for signatures for 0days, it seems Kaspersky has the edge over to EIS.
Windows 10 compatibility seems of no issue to Emsisoft.
I really love the intuitive, though extensive and clean GUI.
Updates are really fast, probably not that huge in size. Submitting files to Emsisoft is a piece of cake, the SUD page is polished.
Also, you can set a clock after the auto-update, in stock settings every 60 minutes.
The different protection layers work together well IMO, especially the firewall is good but not disturbing. Love it (you can fine-tune it if you wish even more alerts).
Regarding system performance, I cannot complain at all.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
KIS 2016-2017 leaves your system running very fast and responsive. (I can speak for win10 x64)
it has advanced BB and HIPS and does very well in the MT malware hub and in independent tests.
and yes, enable the PUP detection, if that is what you are worried about.
If price is not a factor, it is a winner.

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
i'm currently running "F-secure internet security" and i want to change to Kaspersky-AV or Emsisoft-AV in december 2016
(F-secure liceses will expire in december 2016). I have two gaming machines (two gaming laptops) so think/guess/hope there
should be no problems with performace... i guess....what do you think ? :confused:

I'm also running (as on-demand scanners only):
a) Malwarebytes anti malware
b) Zemana anti malware premium

...can i keep this scanners and continue using them as on-demand (only) scanners? Or should i choose other products/on-demand scanners... ?

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
i'm currently running "F-secure internet security" and i want to change to Kaspersky-AV or Emsisoft-AV in december 2016
(F-secure liceses will expire in december 2016). I have two gaming machines (two gaming laptops) so think/guess/hope there
should be no problems with performace... i guess....what do you think ? :confused:

I'm also running (as on-demand scanners only):
a) Malwarebytes anti malware
b) Zemana anti malware premium

...can i keep this scanners and continue using them as on-demand (only) scanners? Or should i choose other products/on-demand scanners... ?

Both are equally good performance wise.
If you're concern on budget: Emsisoft is cheaper compared to Kaspersky by original retail price. If you can get Kaspersky offer price, then I don't see why not. Emsisoft also have their own loyalty renewal discount of up to 60%.

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
I searched over Google and Youtube just to find (Maximum settings) for Emsisoft Internet Security 11 to give me better protection, prevention and detection but I couldn't find anything :(

Could anyone @Der.Reisende post a link to a video or post his configuration? I really appreciate it ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.