Battle Emsisoft Internet Security 11 vs. Windows 10 Defender

A

Alkajak

Thread author
Trying to slim down my system if needed.

Companion software:
AppGuard
NVT ERP
Sandboxie
HitmanPro.Alert

Which one would be less noticeable on the system? I know Windows 10 is built-in so it should be lighter, but once it starts scanning, it really brings the resource usage and performance impact into question.

Is Windows 10 Defender lighter than Emsisoft Internet Security 11 overall?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
if you are on a desktop so WD scanning should not bother you too much, it does the scan when computer is idle.
Anyways you can modify/disable the automatic scan from task scheduler/microsoft/windows/windows defender, open the third entry, I think that one is scanner.

Reactions: Alkajak

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I voted EIS :p Why ? Because of their light "no bloat" approach and fast scanning.
@Alkajak If you do ditch EIS, remember that there are a slew of other settings for WD within GP that can shape it better to your needs,
and maybe lighten it up some.
PeAcE

Last edited:
Reactions: King Alpha

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I voted EIS :p
If you do ditch EIS, remember that there are a slew of other settings for WD within GP that can shape it better to your needs,
and maybe lighten it up some.
PeAcE
that's interesting...
did you see any settings in group policy that might be of particular interest?
my security config is not so different from Alkajak's.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
For those who wish to say stay with WD or EIS, please list why and not simply: because you have x amount of other solutions.

Please try to go in dept on the actual reason to use WD or EIS.

If you do not wish to do so, simply use the VOTE option.

Failure to follow guidelines will result in your post being deleted.

Thanks

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
When it comes on the performance impact through scanning and other operations definitely Emsisoft and other 3rd party may improve/optimize compare to WD because of maintenance.

Reactions: XhenEd

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.