App Review Emsisoft Internet Security BETA Prevention and Detection Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
great video review as always :) . I expected a clean sheet for emsisoft but it didnt
In your next video could you please test KIS 2017 default settings with the same samples so we can compare between these top-notch products? Thank you :)

Solarquest

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
Great video, thank you @safe1st for sharing!
I still think Emsisoft checks the cloud only if suspect activity is detected and not every time an unknown file is executed.
I hope they change this.
Btw, on Malware Hub I started testing Emsi IS beta too and will keep testing it for 30 days or till final version is released.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Thank You Safe1st, very well done Vid.
The results don't bother me, EIS 11 scored better, so something is a little off,
the EmsiSoft team will figure it out and have it back on track in no time.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
A great production as always @safe1st, worth to be shared on Emsisoft's FB page, too :)
Wonder why the PUP/PUA hasn't been stopped, the few PUP/PUA I came from were stopped by EIS 11 without any problem.
Really looking forward to 12 final!

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
Thanks guys and yes hopefully they do something for final version

great video review as always :) . I expected a clean sheet for emsisoft but it didnt
In your next video could you please test KIS 2017 default settings with the same samples so we can compare between these top-notch products? Thank you :)

Cant be same sample. Why?
Because I test this Yesterday. And Im sure Kaspersky can detect more sample because newer signature :)

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
A user asked the following question on Emsisoft forum regarding safe1st video ;) and Fabian Wosar, Emsisoft Development Team has answered :)

takeoff342 said:
Hello Emsi Team,

here is a very new Video, that tested from a well known and good tester the new V12 Beta. In the Result of this video u can see, that Emsisoft has not detected a Ransom.
Now i would love to ask how that can be? Cause specially your new BB is trained to detect all forms of ransom ware. Maybe i would be good if u get into kontakt to the hoster and let you get the sample and test it yourself.
has u an answer why the ransom is not detected?

Thanks in advance. Chris

Fabian Wosar said:
Just because some product calls it ransomware doesn't mean it has to be. There are dozens of reasons why this could have happened. The most likely one, given the fact that none of the files were even encrypted, is that the ransomware's C2 servers simply have been taken down already. So the file would never actually encrypt anything, which is kind of what we are looking for. There are also several ransomware families out there that simply will not attempt to encrypt any files if the system is running EAM. Cerber being one of those families for example.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
using same samples again is not a fair test, because the first AV had to deal with zero-day samples, so the second AV will have the advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.