May 22, 2013
Emsisoft internet security vs Bitdefender Total security

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Could you provide us with more information regarding the target system and user?

Thanks.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If this is a product-by-product comparison then continue away.

But all security software features some or all those you have listed. So the product with the best stats / features won't always be ideal for all users, that's what I'm saying.

SilverLee92

Nov 22, 2013
Emsisoft because it uses the BD engine and its own.
Also, I hear that BD has terrible support and causes tech problems. Never really tried it for a long period of time but I had good experiences with Emsisoft.

But for what you gave:
-performance BD
-feature BD
-proactive Emsisoft
-detection Emsisoft
-performance Not 100% sure. Some say BD some say Emsisoft. Haven't compared it myself.

bunyip783

Level 1
Mar 1, 2011
I'd also go with Emsisoft but it depends highly on the user. For less advanced users I think Bitdefender may be more polished but on the other hand I think Emsisoft is lighter, has better detection rates and a better firewall. Run a 30 day trial with both and see if you encounter any false positives with either or which you like the feel of better. In the end, that's the most important thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.