Emsisoft Mamutu and Eset smart security 6.x?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Payback

Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2013
Can they both run together (in short,are they compatible/they do not interfere each-other)

Also,can you please leave me a guide for config them both to run without conflict? I highly doubt that I can get my PC is danger with them both running on my system

Thank you.

- Payback

P

Plexx

Yes they are.

Guide for Mamutu shows how to use and how to exclude processes.

On ESET end, just exclude Mamutu's 2 processes (mamutu.exe and a2service.exe) on Threatsense settings as well as HIPS (recommended to run as Interactive mode to create the rules for Mamutu exclusions in HIPS).

On Mamutu end, simply navigate to Processes and create rule to exclude for all ESET processes.

Tho it is optional since ESET does not have a BB.

Edit: Remember to also exclude when Mamutu updates via ESET Firewall.

Payback

Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2013
Biozfear said:
Yes they are.

Guide for Mamutu shows how to use and how to exclude processes.

On ESET end, just exclude Mamutu's 2 processes (mamutu.exe and a2service.exe) on Threatsense settings as well as HIPS (recommended to run as Interactive mode to create the rules for Mamutu exclusions in HIPS).

On Mamutu end, simply navigate to Processes and create rule to exclude for all ESET processes.

Tho it is optional since ESET does not have a BB.

Edit: Remember to also exclude when Mamutu updates via ESET Firewall.

Thank you so much,+4. Helped me alot :3

P

Plexx

The only possible conflicts would be with AVG's behavior shield.

That aside, as long as AV solution has Mamutu processes excluded and in Mamutu the AV solution processes excluded, it will be fine.

The same process of any solution applies to avast, tho on their forums, someone suggested to disable Behavior Shield of avast! to run Mamutu, which in turn makes Script Shield unusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.