Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Emsisoft Mobile Security
Protects your Android smartphone and tablet from dangers awaiting on the internet.

• Scans all stored files for malware infections.
  • Real time protection that blocks malicious apps as they arrive.
  • Surf protection that blocks access to dangerous websites.
  • Anti-Theft to lock or wipe the device remotely when stolen or lost.
  • Privacy audit for installed apps.

Version 1.0.0.6
Released: 3/10/2014

Release offer $9.98 USD

View the official product page for information,screenshots and downloads

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
it's Looks like an App with a lot of future.
I have already have it installed on my android since it was published as a closed beta
What is your opinion of it? Is it worth the price? I did not try it.
I imagine if you really like it then take advantage of the 50% release offer of $9.98.It would be around $20 normally which is in the same range as others such as ESET.Personally I think there are many good free ones for Android.I am using ESET now only because I have a free 1 year key but I have used Comodo free before that and it was very good with all the same features as the pay solutions.

Reactions: jasonX

MalwareDetective

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 16, 2013
What is your opinion of it? Is it worth the price? I did not try it.
I imagine if you really like it then take advantage of the 50% release offer of $9.98.It would be around $20 normally which is in the same range as others such as ESET.Personally I think there are many good free ones for Android.I am using ESET now only because I have a free 1 year key but I have used Comodo free before that and it was very good with all the same features as the pay solutions.
Well... I haven't ever thought about the price.. But There is something in what you are saying; The price is bit high and As you said their is free good options.. It has to get some special stuff and then It will fully worth the price. I would wait a bit before purchasing it, First I would advice trying the trial, Then to take a look at his performance over the internet (Battery consuming, Detection rate etc...) and then to decide

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Well... I haven't ever thought about the price.. But There is something in what you are saying; The price is bit high and As you said their is free good options.. It has to get some special stuff and then It will fully worth the price. I would wait a bit before purchasing it, First I would advice trying the trial, Then to take a look at his performance over the internet (Battery consuming, Detection rate etc...) and then to decide

Battery consumption is a huge factor.I tried Bitdefender and there was a noticeable increase in battery consumption.Eset is better but Comodo was like it wasnt even there.It scanned downloads had all the features of a paid and very easy on the battery.I like Emsisoft and I am an EIS user but I think you offered the best advice by suggesting the trial and maybe hold of and see how it evolves.

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
Emsisoft should have hosted a free-one-year key for it to be "more" considered as exterminator20 has mentioned there are a lot of free ones that are quite good. Comodo, Avast, DrWeb, MBAM, TrustGo etc to name a few. Even AVG in partnership with Yandex had a promo for 1 year free use with Pro version capabilities. Price drop might not be enough to sway people to use it and of course there are others that do not use an AV or firewall on their mobile device because of battery issues/slowdown..

pranjan

Verified
Nov 4, 2012
Battery consumption is a huge factor.I tried Bitdefender and there was a noticeable increase in battery consumption.Eset is better but Comodo was like it wasnt even there.It scanned downloads had all the features of a paid and very easy on the battery.I like Emsisoft and I am an EIS user but I think you offered the best advice by suggesting the trial and maybe hold of and see how it evolves.
i am using bitdefender and it is running w/o any considerable battery consumption...it is better than any other antivirus app regardless it is paid or free antivirus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.