Emsisoft or Bitdefender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Lee

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2014
Emsisoft for sure. But the question if kind of irrelevant because Emsisoft uses Bitdefender's engine.

Reactions: jamescv7
D

Deleted member 21043

Hi there,

Emsisoft consists of both the a2 engine (Emsisoft engine) and the Bitdefender engine. The power of both engines creates a better detection rate. Whereas, Bitdefender does not use other engines except their own. This makes Emsisoft technically better, having the power of 2 Antivirus engines in one.

In my opinion, Emsisoft has one of the best Behaviour Blocker (better one than Bitdefender, again, in my own opinion. However, I am sure many other members will agree with me on this).

Emsisoft is quite lightweight considering they use the Bitdefender engine as well.

Thanks. ;)

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
You could install BitDefender Free and add Emsisoft without any problems!
Emsisoft for protection and BitDefender for detection. Again, no problems!!!

Reactions: rocky

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For performance issue related, Btdefender as posted by members here in this forum where it crashes or affects the browsing habits besides of other bugs. However it may not present to your system but very good AV from Bitdefender.

For Emsisoft besides of two engines were combined, there components were actually good their BB, Firewall and Web shield.

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
For real. I was not aware of that. In that case my vote goes to Bitdefender without a second thought.
There is no reason just because it use bitdefender engine to chose bitdefender now. Emsisoft is better coded,less bugs,almost no bugs,lighter than bitdefender,better behavourblocker,better detection rate(on the malwarepacks here) exellent Support even when u not use emsisoft products u can go th there forum and get help and maybe the best when it comes to privacy. so realy,why chose bitdefender? There support is a joke,surfing on the internet with low internet is a disaster and u have sometimes just problems with it like autopilot auto turnt off,system restort dont work anymore,does not completly uninstall even with the uninstall tool and and and.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
For real. I was not aware of that. In that case my vote goes to Bitdefender without a second thought.

Still Emsisoft is much much better.

I used both. I got free license for Bitdefender but still went for Emsisoft. So you can imagine how good emsisoft is. In every aspect it's better.

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Both are good, but Emsisoft has better proactive defense than Bitdefender.

E

eight

I would prefer an anti-virus from a Vendor that incorporates only their own Scanner Engines in their product.

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
it depends on you, what do you more fit, I personally I prefer Emsisoft but the decision is yours.
Bitdefender is good but not for me, a little muli system and browser.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
I would prefer an anti-virus from a Vendor that incorporates only their own Scanner Engines in their product.

Emsisoft has their own engines too. It has bitdefender's engine + their own engine. I am not saying Bitdefender is bad but if you get chance install Emsisoft for few days and check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.