Endejan's configuration

Dejan

Thread author
Mar 3, 2011
Mark said:
These threads are confusing. endejan, is your current configuration post #1, #16 or something else?

It's post 16, sorry, I tried updating my first post, not knowing it would make a new reply, I think staff might be able to remove it, please do.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you Full Edit the first post, it should update everything and then refresh. Try it.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Since that one is being developed by Wladimir Palant, the developer of AdBlock Plus for Firefox, that is the one that I would use. The beta version is still a bit rudimentary, but I don't think Wladimir will settle for anything less than ultimately making it as close to the Firefox extension as possible.

G

Guest28

I don't mean to nag when i say this endejan but why don't you use a real time av with MBAM pro like MSE avast avira etc?

Dejan

Thread author
Mar 3, 2011
ryan said:
I don't mean to nag when i say this endejan but why don't you use a real time av with MBAM pro like MSE avast avira etc?

For a few reasons, one I think I'm going to be able to survive with just MBAM Pro and my knowledge. Two, Avast wasn't doing anything, I'm not saying that it's detection rates are bad or anything, but it just wasn't detecting any form of malware on my machine, nor was it blocking it. Meaning that it wasn't doing much of anything. Third, as I saw from Soluto, Avast was causing a slow down at boot (I don't remember by how many seconds, but it was higher then other startup applications). Considering this, I just decided to not use a traditional real-time AV, this might change in the future though.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
HeffeD said:
Since that one is being developed by Wladimir Palant, the developer of AdBlock Plus for Firefox, that is the one that I would use. The beta version is still a bit rudimentary, but I don't think Wladimir will settle for anything less than ultimately making it as close to the Firefox extension as possible.
I've been using "Adblock Plus for Google Chrome™ (Beta)" for a few days now and I can fairly say that this is better than "AdBlock".
Most likely I'll stick with this one :)

Dejan

Thread author
Mar 3, 2011
Updated config, look at my last post in this thread, I thought it would automatically make a reply, apparently not :p

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Vipre AV is good, so what's your configuration settings from that?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
endejan said:
Updated config, look at my last post in this thread, I thought it would automatically make a reply, apparently not :p

It's actually your first post you edited, which shows at the top of every new page to this topic. :)

I'm not sure of the benefits of WinPatrol, but Vipre AV should keep you out of trouble. :p

Dejan

Thread author
Mar 3, 2011
Basically it gives you more control over your PC like letting you configure both hidden and shown start-up items, hidden files, running processes etc. For some reason I'm not able to open the interface now, I'll figure that out o_o

jamescv7 said:
Vipre AV is good, so what's your configuration settings from that?

You mean how I configured VIPRE? Everything is mostly on default, I don't have email protection enabled since I use web-mail and I have that other feature on (forgot how it was called exactly) that would submit suspicious files to VIPRE automatically I think.

D

Deleted member 178

ok, it is a good soft, did you try Autoruns? (it is very similar as Winpatrol)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.