Solved endless BSOD loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

tones

Thread author
Jan 19, 2013
Greetings:
I am getting the following endless loop when I try to start up my HP Probook laptop. I cannot get into anything or stop it even to try anything.
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is your first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:
***STOP: 0X0000007B (0xFFFFF880009A9928,0xFFFFFFFFC000000D,0x0000000000000000,0X00000000000000000

I’ve tried to start in Safe Mode to no success. Tried Start Up Repair-no success. The Last Known Configuration option came up with a blank screen and just the mouse arrow.
Any ideas? Thanks.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I know this has been a problem for HP in the past when one of the Service Packs caused this same problem.I cant remember which OS or service pack though :(

This could also be a caused by a virus

Upvote 0
P

Plexx

I am sure if I remember correctly it was due to MBR.

Here is a small collection: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/stop0x0000007b.htm

Upvote 0

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Try this, it won't take too long and you need a USB. Follow the instructions in the link below to download and run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-System-Progressive-Protection-Virus?pid=97604#pid97604

Upvote 0

tones

Thread author
Jan 19, 2013
was able to load and boot my PC from the flas I load Kap on. Got to the main screen but when I clicked on scan objects it would not scan.

Upvote 0

tones

Thread author
Jan 19, 2013
Fiery said:
Try this, it won't take too long and you need a USB. Follow the instructions in the link below to download and run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-System-Progressive-Protection-Virus?pid=97604#pid97604

Thanks but after i choose repair computer it only gives me the start up repair option and it tells me it could this computor automatically. The the only two options I have is shut down or restart.

Upvote 0

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Let's try a different method.

Please print these instruction out so that you know what you are doing
  • Download OTLPENet.exe to your desktop
  • Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.
  • Download List Parts and save it to the flash drive also.
  • Ensure that you have a blank CD in the drive
  • Double click OTLPENet.exe and this will then open imgburn to burn the file to CD
  • Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.
    Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
  • Wait for the CD to detect your hardware and load the operating system
  • Your system should now display a Reatogo desktop
    Note : as you are running from CD it is not exactly speedy
  • Insert the USB with FRST
  • Locate the flash drive with FRST and double click
  • The tool will start to run.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • Next click List Parts and then click Scan
    It will make a log Results.txt on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.

Upvote 0

tones

Thread author
Jan 19, 2013
After I inserted the Disc I burned the screen had "Starting Reatogo-X-PE" going. So far so good. The Windows logo came up and actually starting loading for about 7 seconds. Then the BSOD with the same info I had originally posted. Progress?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.