Enhance Virtual Machine Performance

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 65219
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 65219

Thread author
How to enhance Virtual Machine Performance?
I need to Run MacOS High Sierra on Vmware Workstation 14. ( For Xcode )
MacOS Performance On VM is really Awfull! ( They Don't Support it Officially )

My System Specs :
CPU: Intel Core i7 4710HQ ( Quad Core CPU )
Disk: Samsung 850 Evo ( Solid State Drive )
GPU: GTX 850m ( not really matter for me in this case )

Thank you!

Reactions: Daljeet
F

ForgottenSeer 65219

Thread author
Are you
cpu limited or hdd limited? That is the first thing you should check but even after that not much you can do. Give it more ram and wait for the action to complete.
Mostly Disk Limited. But I Think There is Problem of Apple That Doesn't Like to Support it ( MacOS VM on Windows ) By Policy.

Reactions: Daljeet and SHvFl

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Mostly Disk Limited. But I Think There is Problem of Apple That Doesn't Like to Support it ( MacOS VM on Windows ) By Policy.
Your drive should be able to do 500MB/s read and maybe write. Assuming you get that then just give it more ram so it uses the hdd as less as possible. You are probably not able to put an nvme drive on your machine so you have to deal with the slowdown sadly but some more ram for the vm might help.

F

ForgottenSeer 65219

Thread author
Your drive should be able to do 500MB/s read and maybe write. Assuming you get that then just give it more ram so it uses the hdd as less as possible. You are probably not able to put an nvme drive on your machine so you have to deal with the slowdown sadly but some more ram for the vm might help.
Thanks !

Reactions: Daljeet and SHvFl
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.