Enju's Security Config

Enju

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
My first line of defense is Sophos XG running on ESXi, HTTPS scan disabled, Sophos engines enabled, IPS enabled with server rules enabled, still toying around with the settings which are plentiful :D.
My backup runs weekly and is saved on my Zyxel NAS.
My Kaspersky installation is running on the lowest settings with Trusted Applications mode enabled and trust digitally signed files disabled.

My Proxmox server is the Xeon E3-1225 based Dell T20 with 24GB of ECC RAM.

Last edited:

Enju

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
Awesome config @Enju

Only i recommend add BitDefender Trafficlight and PrivaZer :)

Thanks for share your config.
Sayonara ;)
Well I'm not too fond of any "optimization" software outside of the ones included in Windows, same goes for link scanners like Bitdefender, Kaspersky and McAfee. But thank you for your suggestions! Maybe I'll take a look at TrafficLight in my spare time in a VM.

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
A very very good security configuration, only a thing: I suggest you to install BitDefender 60 virus scanner, but it isn't very necessary in this bunker :)
Thanks for sharing it bro! :D

Reactions: LabZero

Enju

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
Great ;) , but why you removed MBAM Pro?
Bugged out on me, I disabled the realtime protection on startup but it always started again after some time... It's also kinda unnecessary since my security approach is mostly based on whitelisting and blocking stuff on my UTM.

Reactions: LabZero and JM Safe

Enju

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
Small update:
Switched from ESXi to Proxmox as hypervisor
Switched completely to Windows 10 and removed my current Arch installation
+Installed Macrium Reflect Free as backup solution
-Removed Sandboxie (using a Vbox VM now)
-Removed FreeNAS and switched to a 4bay Zyxel NAS (NAS540)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Very impressive! Just reading your configuration list makes me sound smarter (& feel taller:rolleyes:)!:D
Thanks for sharing it.:):)

Reactions: JM Safe and Enju

miketan77

Level 3
Verified
Jul 24, 2014
Small update:
Switched from ESXi to Proxmox as hypervisor
Switched completely to Windows 10 and removed my current Arch installation
+Installed Macrium Reflect Free as backup solution
-Removed FreeNAS and switched to a 4bay Zyxel NAS (NAS540)
I guessed your ram is more than 8G due to using Vbox and VM. Are you using SSD storage?
Both virtual machine may eat up your PC's ram.:)

Reactions: Enju

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.