Entrepreneur falls for obvious scam, blames Symantec and writes an article about it !

• Thread starter RoadRashWolfenstein
  • Start date
R

RoadRashWolfenstein

Thread author
Okay i was looking for some news on Google about Symantec to check how they where doing when i stubble upon this article.

This is probably one of the most hilarious article i've seen in cybersecurity in a while ! The write, a supposedly entrepreneur that have 5 startups (see bottom of the article), falls for a completely obvious fake Symantec website and then blames Symantec. I mean how can he fall for that ? :confused: The website address is bogus and the website have some text in Chinese ! :eek:

I'm honestly not sure if this is a fake news made by a competitor of Symantec, a joke or for real. I understand phishing is a thing and that your grandma could fall for this, but a professional ?

Anyway just sharing so tell me what you think about this :rolleyes:

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Reminds me of the time when I visited Norton website years ago.
I was searching for software like the Norton Power Eraser and one offer was shown.
As I clicked on it, boom.......... A blank page and a popup from KIS "Kaspersky blocked a Network Attack. Added XXXX computer to blacklist.."
Spoofed site duh!

Reactions: RoadRashWolfenstein

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.