Deprecated EOL for Bitdefender Wallet, Password Manager being phased in

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023

The Wallet is being replaced by the new Bitdefender Password Manager. If you’re currently using Bitdefender Wallet, you’ll still have access to this feature until October 15, 2023. During this time, you will be prompted to transition to Bitdefender Password Manager at no extra cost. To make the transition seamless, you will be able to claim an extended free trial of the new Bitdefender Password Manager through the Wallet section of your security solution. When the trial expires, you may purchase Bitdefender Password Manager and switch to this cross-platform service. You can learn more about Bitdefender Password Manager at..

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Is Bitdefender Password Manager free for Bitdefender Total Security users ?

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
@JB007 It is included in the All In One plans, but not the "stand-alone" Total Security version. But, during the transition of Wallet into PM, all users (AV Plus- Total Security) will be able to use the trial version until that period is over, Oct 15th, then they would have to purchase Password Manager as a separate, stand-alone app.

edit: or use another PM like Bitwarden etc. And I'm not sure how that transfer would go with some of the other password managers, as BD PM exports the file in a CSV format and mabe not laid out properly in Excel. I know in my trial of F-Secure Total, it cannot accept that file...at least not that I can see.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.