New Update Introducing the Bitdefender Password Manager Shared Plan

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Since the announcement of the EOL of BD Wallet, they just recently announced the new feature of more than one user per Password Manager subscription.

What is Bitdefender Password Manager Shared Plan?

• Bitdefender Password Manager Shared Plan provides a password management service for a group of 4 people: 1 Plan manager and 3 Members.
  • The person in charge of the shared subscription plan, known as the Plan Manager, can share the service among the members.
  • Each member gets their own unique Bitdefender Central account linked to their email address and access to the Bitdefender Password Manager service.

Benefits

• Bitdefender Password Manager Shared Plan includes up to 4 people, all paid with a single subscription.
  • Everyone gets their own separate account.
  • Unlimited password storage for the entire group.
  • The shared subscription’s access is within the plan manager’s responsibility.

For those who were unaware of the Wallet into Password Manager transition, here is that link.

Here is the current BD thread regarding this topic, just for the other members feedback perspective.

Last edited:

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I also learned in a correspondence with Chat support that it is an upgrade to get that plan, apart from the Password Manager that comes with the All in One plans, like Premium Security.
I mentioned that in the forum discussion link above, and maybe Alexandru will help to shed some light on it. (That man is a saint, excellent people).

password manager for 4a.jpg

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
I also learned in a correspondence with Chat support that it is an upgrade to get that plan, apart from the Password Manager that comes with the All in One plans, like Premium Security.
I mentioned that in the forum discussion link above, and maybe Alexandru will help to shed some light on it. (That man is a saint, excellent people).

View attachment 276496
What a shame that was discontinued Bitdefender Wallet believe it or not, I never said that, I started using Bitdefender Wallet in 2015 that's right Bitdefender Total Security 2015 build I do not remember probably 18.09.45 something like that if I do not miss the memory and then bought a license for 4 years then came version 2016 BDTS license expired in August 2020 was practically my first password manager, already knew many PMs that have today, but did not have a certain confidence. I used Bitdefender Safepay a lot during this period, and for me it left good memories, even nostalgia, on my PC with SSD it ran smoothly. Was the kaspersky and Bitdefender the two AVs I used most during almost two decades.😍

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
@Jonny Quest I tried to take a screenshot of the Bitdefender Wallet by Bitdefender Safepay and look what happened, Safepay is protected, there is still Bitdefender Wallet but it warns that it will be discontinued. I liked Safepay because of that I used to access Paypal and Internet Banking only through it.
1687660377332.png

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
@Jonny Quest I tried to take a screenshot of the Bitdefender Wallet by Bitdefender Safepay and look what happened, Safepay is protected, there is still Bitdefender Wallet but it warns that it will be discontinued. I liked Safepay because of that I used to access Paypal and Internet Banking only through it.
Oh, yeah, it's a hardened environment, totally closed off from Windows and outside of Safepay, of Windows keyboard commands. If there was ever an issue, you'd need to take a smartphone photo of it to post in a thread. I'm the same as you, I always felt very secure when using Safepay to do my online banking.

Wallet within Safepay will be "replaced" with Password Manager? But I'm just not sure how that will work, I've kinda lost track of that forum in keeping more up to date, but this post and the following one may help:

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
Wallet within Safepay will be "replaced" with Password Manager? But I'm just not sure how that will work, I've kinda lost track of that forum in keeping more up to date, but this
I hope they keep Safepay in the AV products, it's a great banking environment. Regarding PM I don't think it is a good idea to create a standalone password manager, because the market has many, I think it is even saturated, unless the focus is business and not home users.

Reactions: Trident

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Safepay is not getting discontinued, Bitdefender Wallet in Safepay is reaching EOL. Unfortunately offering so many tools at a cheap price doesn’t allow for any of these tools to be developed to a high standard. For better revenue in line with the inflation and more development resources, some add-ons better require separate purchase. Although Bitdefender now has too many paid add-ons. VPN, Identity Protection and Password Manager all require additional licensing unless the most premium version (Premium Security) is obtained.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
@Trident @Jonny Quest and many other members who have followed my posts about stealer malware. Bitdefender was able to block and neutralize the threat only when I executed and was blocked by the DB Feature: Advanced Threat Defense. So I believe that many AVs will detect only on execution with multilayer defenses. If you use BD, this specific malware you are safe, and it follows a saying that @oldschool always says Remember: "Be safe, not paranoid!", and I too particularly I need to fit that phrase. I am worse off than many members here on MT. :oops: :LOL:
1687679880513.png
Let's see how the timeline of the attack went and as @Trident said in a post, this malware has nothing interesting.
1687682130538.png

1687682163332.png
1687682223857.png

Last edited:

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
@Jonny Quest Remember the HTTPS scanning of BD? that a lot of people don't like, that messes with certificates, BD blocked a suspicious connection, problem with certificate, I went to check on the website the certificate doesn't match even issued to Organization is not part of the certificate and issued by Organization is not part of the certificate, I have seen this in the past when using BD is rare case, if it was a login site I wouldn't connect. :)
1687688350780.png

1687688291180.png

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
@Jonny Quest Remember the HTTPS scanning of BD? that a lot of people don't like, that messes with certificates, BD blocked a suspicious connection, problem with certificate, I went to check on the website the certificate doesn't match even issued to Organization is not part of the certificate and issued by Organization is not part of the certificate, I have seen this in the past when using BD is rare case, if it was a login site I wouldn't connect. :)
That was an issue for sure. It's one of the reasons I left BD. Don't get me wrong my friend, it is a very good AV (in the top tier) but with them, it's like fix one thing and break another. The issues come in waves, like suspicious connections being blocked; the annoying pop-ups to buy, try PM, Premium VPN; Profile settings not being saved (work or game profile), password protection that doesn't protect the app from being uninstalled etc.

Let alone on one of my PC's it was blocking Spotify's audio, and adding it into the "temporary" exceptions only lasted a day or two. On my other CAD PC where I was getting error pop-up messages I had never gotten before that I was getting with BD. Using Kaspersky and F-Secure I never had, or have those problems. IMO, BD has some good things going for it, but as for me, too many unfulfilled expectations (cannot back-up settings, cannot easily pause protection) and the glitches, helped my decision to change.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
That was an issue for sure. It's one of the reasons I left BD. Don't get me wrong my friend, it is a very good AV (in the top tier) but with them, it's like fix one thing and break another. The issues come in waves, like suspicious connections being blocked; the annoying pop-ups to buy, try PM, Premium VPN; Profile settings not being saved (work or game profile), password protection that doesn't protect the app from being uninstalled etc.
Not without problems, I had already seen complaints in the old forum they still had about this issue and I ended up ignoring it, in fact it appeared once in a while suspicious blocked connections, but these pages blocked by the BD did not hinder me when accessing the websites.
Let alone on one of my PC's it was blocking Spotify's audio, and adding it into the "temporary" exclusions only lasted a day or two. On my other CAD PC where I was getting error pop-up messages I had never gotten before that I was getting with BD. Using Kaspersky and F-Secure I never had, or have those problems. IMO, BD has some good things going for it, but as for me, too many unfulfilled expectations (cannot back-up settings, cannot easily pause protection) and the glitches, helped my decision to change.
Wow, so I was lucky, because I bought the license at the time because of the discount and it was cheap, but if I had problems I would abandon it. I'm using BD today, tomorrow I might switch to another product, I don't worry too much. If it protects me it's good, but if it harms me then I have to let it go. I posted thinking you here using bitdefender.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Wow, so I was lucky, because I bought the license at the time because of the discount and it was cheap, but if I had problems I would abandon it. I'm using BD today, tomorrow I might switch to another product, I don't worry too much. If it protects me it's good, but if it harms me then I have to let it go. I posted thinking you here using bitdefender.
There are millions of happy BD users, so no worries, it's just when you've kept up with a forum over the years, and have it running on multiple PC's that you find and see some of these issues. The Android mobile app is pretty nice though, and I may be re-installing that sometime in the near future.

I like how most of us have 2-3 AV subscriptions where we can go back and forth on what we find, like, don't like etc :) It makes for some great discussions :)

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
I like how most of us have 2-3 AV subscriptions where we can go back and forth on what we find, like, don't like etc :) It makes for some great discussions :)
Today it was your turn, you said little and spoke beautifully in a few words fit perfectly, that's why we participate in forums like MT. You are inspired. ;) Not changing the subject, doesn't the MT page footer show the day's birthdays? It appeared for me yesterday, now it's gone? (y)

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
To be honest, I really haven't kept track of the birthdays, so I don't know, not sure about that one :unsure:
I found it here, 🎂scroll down to the bottom of the page and look for Today's Birthday. Every day you go there and look at the avatar if you know the person and want to say happy birthday, you click on the underlined name then go to Status Updates and write happy birthday to the person. Add this page to your bookmarks, if you bookmark it later you will get lost just like me. I have to remember that @Gandalf_The_Grey was the first to give me Happy Birthday in January and I forgot his, I forgot that it was on May 27 and I gave him congratulations yesterday because I did not know where to show the notification of the birthday boy. @CyberTech was the second member to congratulate me, I think it's a lack of consideration on our part. I also thanked my friends @BryanB @Shadowra and everyone who follows me and also the MT members. I asked how and where and did not tell me had to find out myself. To refresh your memory I attached a picture, I just had to make a blur that had pictures, as a matter of privacy and we have to respect it. ;)
1687713546584.png

Last edited:

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
@Jonny Quest You don't need any of that and add any pages to favorites. Now it's easy at the top of the MT page you click⚡(What's new) Then scroll down to the bottom under Today's Birthday. I confess it was in my face, I didn't see that. If @Gandalf_The_Grey or @CyberTech had answered or @harlan4096 that time I asked or even @Jack Do you want to know the birthday of the day? yes I do, I wouldn't think it bad. If they see this post they will laugh so hard, how am I clueless and it went unnoticed, what the hell, silly thing lol :ROFLMAO:
1687733813763.png

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
@Jonny Quest You don't need any of that and add any pages to favorites. Now it's easy at the top of the MT page you click⚡(What's new) Then scroll down to the bottom under Today's Birthday. I confess it was in my face, I didn't see that. If @Gandalf_The_Grey or @CyberTech had answered or @harlan4096 that time I asked or even @Jack Do you want to know the birthday of the day? yes I do, I wouldn't think it bad. If they see this post they will laugh so hard, how am I clueless and it went unnoticed, what the hell, silly thing lol :ROFLMAO:
Those are 2 wonderful forum navigation tools I really haven't used. I usually just hit the main page and go from there, so this is very useful and helpful for me. The link (Latest) towards the top of the page, and the lightning bolt. Thank you for the follow-up, my friend :)

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
Those are 2 wonderful forum navigation tools I really haven't used. I usually just hit the main page and go from there, so this is very useful and helpful for me. The link (Latest) towards the top of the page, and the lightning bolt. Thank you for the follow-up, my friend :)
Me too, you are not obligated to congratulate anyone, when you registered here in MT you didn't provide your date of birth right? in your status it doesn't say, probably you chose to leave it private. So don't worry about that. My sim is available for all members to see my birthday, did I know that? no, if your knew maybe I would disable it, but I can not do that since I received congratulations in January from @Gandalf_The_Grey I was like he knows my birthday, does MT remember them? Look I was well received, I made a circle of friends here in MT, if I talk or is my friend and remembers my birthday? How can I not remember his, to me I think it is a lack of consideration. If I forget it, it's ok, I will always look at MT's website. Today's Birthday @BryanB is a friend who I consider very, he knows the day of my birthday, but I do not know his, why he chose not to show in your status. But it doesn't matter, I'm his friend anyway, it's his privacy. I make friends with any age. Did you understand my point of view? I just hope you don't take me wrong. (y)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.