Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
good config! thanks for your posting... ;)

Reactions: Epic

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Epic, I liked the contrast in security/software approaches your desktop configuration has to your light as an arrow laptop, and how each are specialized to do what they do in very different ways.:cool:

Although I have not personally experienced Emsisoft and Appguard on our home systems, I must say after reading the many positive testimonials, comments, and descriptions, here on MT, my guess would be if Windows Firewall is in fact not being used, perhaps there might be firewall protection included in the Emsisoft Internet Security Pack or thereabouts.:rolleyes:
Whichever holds up the firewall's job description, I'm quite impressed with both your systems' configurations, and appreciate your sharing!:D

Last edited:

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
What makes you say that you have Advanced knowledge in Computing if I may ask ?

Epic

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 24, 2014
Salutations,;)

Looking real good!

My I suggest the following:
Terabtyes Image for Windows

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-windows.htm

Drive Snapshot:
http://www.drivesnapshot.de/en/index.htm

In place of Acronis True Image and have you try 2015?
http://www.acronis.com/en-us/homecomputing/trueimage/beta/atih2015.html

Kind regards,:)

Thank you for your suggestions. I do know about IFW and Drive Snapshot. But I'm a paid Acronis user. That also explains why I haven't tried the 2015 beta build. And since everything's running without a problem, I'm holding onto Acronis. I know IFW is a rock solid product and to be honest, if I wasn't using Acronis, I'd have used that.

Epic, I liked the contrast in security/software approaches your desktop configuration has to your light as an arrow laptop, and how each are specialized to do what they do in very different ways.:cool:

Although I have not personally experienced Emsisoft and Appguard on our home systems, I must say after reading the many positive testimonials, comments, and descriptions, here on MT, my guess would be if Windows Firewall is in fact not being used, perhaps there might be firewall protection included in the Emsisoft Internet Security Pack or thereabouts.:rolleyes:
Whichever holds up the firewall's job description, I'm quite impressed with both your systems' configurations, and appreciate your sharing!:D
Thanks. Emsisoft and AppGuard are both awesome. Works as it should. EISP does a have a firewall. Its two product rolled into one - Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Online Armor.
I play defensive with my laptop and offensive with my desktop :D

What makes you say that you have Advanced knowledge in Computing if I may ask ?
Why?
Because I think I've good knowledge about security products. I know how to be safe online. I know (quite a few tricks) how people try to track you. And even after all the precautions, if I'm infected, I'd know how to get rid of it. I've helped many people with their infected systems. I can even go down and dirty deep inside the system to repair the problem if needed.

Back in the XP days I've even opened up the XP ISO and customize it to my own need. I'm not talking about adding softwares or drivers. I'm talking about opening up system files and then make modifications to suit my needs.

I've also opened up two different security products and fused them together to grant me full access to any Windows system. I know you'll find many products like that but none the size of 1.61MB.
I won't go into details about the product or how it works. None of my work has ever leaked. I do them only for my own use and not for public use as I don't make them. I just modify them. The original softwares are always available to everyone.

All my works ended in 2011.

*I know how to tweak my system and browser for optimal performance and privacy without the need of third party apps.

My device fingerprint.
This test wouldn't have succeeded in the first place if I hadn't allowed it to.
Try yours - http://noc.to/

Really tight ship you run many thanks for posting :)
Essential Chrome extensions:
HTTPS Everywhere and µBlock
Thanks.
I did try HTTPS Everywhere. But I didn't see much of a benefit. So removed it. And I do use an adblocker (Adguard app) so I guess I'll skip µblock. Thanks anyway. I appreciate your help. :)

@silversurfer, @illumination, @Satria Nugraha Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: illumination

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.