Troubleshoot Error code 0x80007005

jen900

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2014
I recently use a anti-virus named hitman pro now I uninstall it. My system restore is not working I have a error code 0x80007005 saying that some anti-virus block system restore from running please help me I need a removal tool of.hitman pro

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Hitman Pro is not a antivirus it is a on-demand scanner in which it doesn't provide real-time protection therefore it doesn't block access to anything, and are you sure your system is 100% clean as a virus can block access to anything.

Think about this, anything that you install can modify settings on your computer that will mess things up.

What other security products do you have installed?

Last edited:
Reactions: jen900
Upvote 0

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
First of all, Hitman Pro isn't an Antivirus but an Antimalware, hence I suggest you to install a free Antivirus (if you don't want to pay for one) after we assist you in solving your issue.
Do you have any other Antivirus or Antimalware installed on your system ? Did you actually uninstalled Hitman Pro correctly ?

Reactions: jen900 and Oxygen
Upvote 0

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Seems like it's certain leftover registry entries/files that's causing you the problem. These are times when registry cleaners are useful.

I'd recommend CCleaner and Wise Registry Cleaner.

After a scan, check for items related to Hitman that's still remaining and remove them...

Upvote 0
I

illumination

Hitman Pro is known to have False positives in detection, when ever you use this On-Demand scanner, you should thoroughly check each thing it has detected/classified malware to make sure it is indeed what it is detected as.

Open your Command Prompt as "Admin" and type:
sfc /scannow

This will search for corrupted/broken system files, and try to repair them. If this search finds corrupted files and is unable to repair them,
then you can run these commands to see if the image is repairable:

In the Command Prompt "as Admin" You can run each line below to determine, although in most cases if sfc /scannow found corruption but is unable to fix it, the last line below will be sufficient.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Upvote 0

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Hitman Pro is known to have False positives in detection, when ever you use this On-Demand scanner, you should thoroughly check each thing it has detected/classified malware to make sure it is indeed what it is detected as.

Open your Command Prompt as "Admin" and type:
sfc /scannow

This will search for corrupted/broken system files, and try to repair them. If this search finds corrupted files and is unable to repair them,
then you can run these commands to see if the image is repairable:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

The DISM command only work "natively" under Windows 8, and we don't know which version of Windows she's running so far. Also, only the /RestoreHealth command could be used as it implies the two others.

Upvote 0

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
The DISM command only work "natively" under Windows 8, and we don't know which version of Windows she's running so far. Also, only the /RestoreHealth command could be used as it implies the two others.
She's using Windows 8.1 Pro according to her configuration thread and her profile also says what she's using.

Upvote 0
I

illumination

She will be able to run DISM in windows 8.1
I used it to repair after upgrading from windows 8 and sfc /scannow was showing integrity violations from the upgrade. I also listed the other two commands for " readers purposes" that may not known of this, so they know all 3.

Upvote 0

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
She will be able to run DISM in windows 8.1
I used it to repair after upgrading from windows 8 and sfc /scannow was showing integrity violations from the upgrade. I also listed the other two commands for " readers purposes" have that may not known of this, so they know all 3.

Yeah DISM only runs natively under Windows 8/8.1. On Windows 7, you need an installation media.
And I forgot that everyone have a thread stating their OS ... So not used to this forum yet.

Upvote 0

jen900

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2014
Hitman Pro is not a antivirus it is a on-demand scanner in which it doesn't provide real-time protection therefore it doesn't block access to anything, and are you sure your system is 100% clean as a virus can block access to anything.

Think about this, anything that you install can modify settings on your computer that will mess things up.

What other security products do you have installed?
it is clean the thing is that hitman pro mesh up my pc even metro apps are disappearing built in apps so I uninstall and install those apps

Upvote 0

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
it is clean the thing is that hitman pro mesh up my pc even metro apps are disappearing built in apps so I uninstall and install those apps
If your OS is windows 8.1 then why not do a refresh or reset the system completely?

JRGV3hM.png

Upvote 0

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
I recently use a anti-virus named hitman pro now I uninstall it. My system restore is not working I have a error code 0x80007005 saying that some anti-virus block system restore from running please help me I need a removal tool of.hitman pro
To start System Restore, open the Control Panel, then click on the heading "System and Security", then click on the heading "Administrative Tools", then scroll to the entry titled "Services" and double click on that. Next scroll to the entry titled "Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider" and right click on that, select "properties" from the menu. In the "Properties" box that opens set "startup type" to 'automatic', and under "Services Status" click on the 'Start' button.
Click on the "Apply" button and then "OK".

In addition:

Windows 7: System restore fails - 0x80070005
1. Click Start then Computer.
On the Tools menu Then or Organize Folder Options.
On the View tab, click “Show hidden files and folders”.
Clear the Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) check box. Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the change.
Click OK.
Right-click the System Volume Information folder in the root folder, and then click Properties.
If the Read-only attibutes is checked, uncheck it and click, OK
Now try creating a restore point.

Warning: Remember to hide the hidden System Files when done.

2. This error might occurs because the recovery partition is enabled for File Backup or System Restore and is almost full. To work around this, do not select D:\ as a backup source. Also, go to System Protection in Control Panel and make sure that D:\ is not enabled for restore points.

3. Also try to reboot the Computer in Selective Startup with all the Protection Disabled

4. Type Services in Start Menu Search Box, hit Enter. Make sure that the Volume Shadow Copy Service is Running and set on Automatic. If the Status of System Restore Service is not Started, Start it. Also set it on Automatic if it is not. A reboot may be required. Reconfirm again, and now try

5. Reset the Repository.
Boot into Safe Mode without networking and open a command prompt as administrator.
Now Type net stop winmgmt and hit Enter. This will stop the Windows Management Instrumentation Service
Next go to C:\Windows\System32\wbem and rename the repository folder to repositoryold
Restart.
Now again open a command prompt as administrator, type net stop winmgmt and hit Enter.
Next Type winmgmt /resetRepository and hit Enter.
Restart.Now see if you can create a System Restore Point manually. Hope some of this helps.
Source

giyf.gif

Reactions: Oxygen and jen900
Upvote 0

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
You should really try to improve your grammar. I would have suggested that you've a disk wiper after you said "all the apps are disappearing". But then I realized it's probably a registry issue.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.