My computer protection

ErzCrz

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
New laptop details entered. Yet to post 2023 Security Config so will fix that link when that's done.

Old Laptop specs were:
Purchase or Last Upgrade DateJan 1, 2022Estimated Value ($)$350Form factorLaptopBrand & ModelAcer Aspire E15Installed OSWindows 10CPU (Processor)Intel Core i3-400SURAM (Memory)12 Gig DDR 11 RAMGPU (Graphics)Intel HD Graphics 4400MotherboardStandard Built-inStorage1 TB HDDCaseStandardPSU (Power Supply)Acer ProvidedMonitor (Display)Built-inUse casePrivate useKeyboard and MouseBuilt-in keyboard and touchpadNotesOld laptop that still does what I need to well though plastic bits are wearing a bit now.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Thats pretty much best you can get in price of 600$. 12th gen i5 and 16gb of ram is more than enough.
Integrated graphics > gtx 1650 . Definitely better choice than lenovo one
Yeah, best deal I could get and glad I grabbed it when I did as next one with the same chip cost £999. It's a great machine and liking the 6:10 screen. Funny how it's actually a couple of centemetres smaller than my old 15in one because of the narrow edge. Easy to type on and yeah, loving it so far :D

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
My old laptop that I continue to use. Eventually hoping to do an upgrade maybe later this year.

Hello,

Your ASUS Vivobook X1603ZA-MB027W, last upgrade on January 9th, 2023, is a standard laptop designed to provide solid performance for home and light gaming use within a reasonable budget of $599. Here's a summary of your laptop's capabilities and some tips to optimize your experience:

Operating System: Windows 11 - 64 Bit will offer the latest features and security updates from Microsoft, along with compatibility with a wide range of applications and games.

Motherboard: The standard built-in motherboard is tailored for the form factor of the laptop and is designed to work seamlessly with the integrated components.

CPU: The Intel Core i5-12500H is a capable mid-range processor with a balance of power efficiency and performance, suitable for gaming and multitasking.

GPU: Intel Iris Xe graphics are integrated into the CPU; while not as powerful as dedicated graphics cards, they are capable of handling light gaming and general multimedia tasks.

RAM: 16GB of DDR4 RAM is a good amount for gaming and multitasking, ensuring smooth operation of most applications.

Storage: A 512MB SSD seems to be a typo; it's likely a 512GB SSD, which provides fast boot and load times, though the capacity might be limiting for users with extensive game libraries or large files.

PSU: The ASUS 90W AC Adapter is standard for charging the laptop and providing power for daily use.

Case: The standard laptop case provides portability and protection for the internal components.

Monitor: The 16" 16:10 ratio screen is larger than typical 15.6" models, offering more vertical space, which is great for productivity and an immersive gaming experience.

Keyboard and Mouse: The built-in keyboard and touchpad are standard for laptops, with the potential for external peripherals to be connected if a different typing or gaming experience is desired.

Given the laptop's configuration and targeted use, here are some recommendations to enhance your experience:

1. External Storage: If you find the SSD capacity to be insufficient, consider purchasing an external HDD or SSD for additional storage.
  2. Cooling Pad: Gaming can increase the laptop's temperature; a cooling pad can help maintain lower temperatures and prolong the life of the components.
  3. Game Settings: For the best gaming experience, adjust the game settings to match the capabilities of the Intel Iris Xe graphics, focusing on lower graphical settings for smoother gameplay.
  4. Memory Management: Regularly check for unnecessary background processes and close them to free up RAM.
  5. Regular Updates: Keep Windows and your drivers up to date to ensure the best performance and security.
  6. Battery Maintenance: Practice good battery habits, like not always keeping the laptop plugged in, to maintain the health of the battery over time.
  7. External Peripherals: For a better gaming experience, you may want to invest in an external mouse and, if needed, a gaming keyboard.
  8. Cloud Services: Use cloud storage services to expand your storage options without needing physical devices.
Your ASUS Vivobook X1603ZA-MB027W should serve you well for gaming and home use, especially with the right balance between performance and budget.

Reactions: Jack

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.