ESET 10 New Products (EAV,EIS,ESS,ESSP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
I don't see the need of 2 separate versions for ESET Internet Security and ESET Smart Security if they only feature you gain is Anti-Theft... A "superior" version should include at least a few new features, not only 1. ESET Smart Security should go and they should only keep ESET Smart Security Premium.

Reactions: ZeroDay
R

Rod McCarthy

I assume by the browser list that this is a reworked "Sticky Password Manager" ?

minegroasprilla

Level 3
Verified
Jun 21, 2014
My father wants to install ESET NOD32 and Comodo Firewall.
So, I need to know if that combination offers very good protection.

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Please, I need answers.

I think it's an overkill. ESET has a good firewall and it can also be tweaked to interactive if you want it more responsive. But on auto with "Public Network" profile should be enough. Comodo is buggy very buggy and you'll get issues later or sooner. My recommendation is to stay with ESET alone, it's pretty good.

Reactions: minegroasprilla

sunrise

Level 2
Verified
Aug 2, 2014
Any answer?.

My father wants to install ESET NOD32 and Comodo Firewall.
So, I need to know if that combination offers very good protection.
Of course you can. I am doing just that. I am going for NOD32 + CF + Autosandbox because autosandbox will autosandbox anything unknown. So in the event something get pass Eset, the autosandbox will kick in.

I based my settings from @cruelsister. Autosandbbox will save your computer from ransomware in the event it manage to bypass ESET NOD32.

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Which version are you talking about? Can you please test the latest Comodo Firewall to check those bugs solved or not.
If it is still there please inform the devs about it, thanks

It didn't work with anniversary update, and before updating to anniversary, it's interface was freezing while using process lasso.

PD: I'm not informing devs this time, I'm done with Comodo for a while.

Reactions: yigido
Y

yigido

It didn't work with anniversary update, and before updating to anniversary, it's interface was freezing while using process lasso.

PD: I'm not informing devs this time, I'm done with Comodo for a while.
You are right its about new code signing of Microsoft, Comodo needs update.
I also find the "bug report format" is too hard to fill.

Reactions: darko999

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
You are right its about new code signing of Microsoft, Comodo needs update.
I also find the "bug report format" is too hard to fill.

Comodo is great, but you have to dedicate a bit extra time to it in order to make sure it's working with no issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: yigido

Wbgesser

Aug 26, 2016
Strange that Eset Internet Security ... In the Slovakia website only appear NOD32, Smart Security and Smart Security Premium:confused:

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
After testing ESET EIS 10 during one month, I appreciate very much and decided to purchase a licence for ESET Multi-Device Security for 3 devices / 1 year for only 49€96:) . That is a discount during the "September back to school" in France.
ESET multidevice.PNG
But I don't know if this license will still be effective after the end of the beta testing (31 October 2016) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.