ESET 10 New Products (EAV,EIS,ESS,ESSP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan402

Level 2
Verified
Jul 18, 2015
I think we don't really need the newly added features. ESET still needs to struggle so hard on how to enhance their default settings of the HIPS and firewall.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

adnage19

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
Installed BETA, just for curiousity, and I'm surprised with the low memory usage. ESET always has been light for system but it was using about 100MB of RAM. Now it uses max 50MB, often about 30MB.

adnage19

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
OK, I have installed on my second, personal computer v10 stable Slovakian version. My Polish language is a little bit similar, so I understand basic things :D Enabled advanced heuristic and PUP detection, and did quick test with malc0de and vxvault URL's. Eset was blocking really nice. I wish I had VM, so I could test HIPS with interactive mode.
And, as I said about beta version, stable build is very light too.

ESET has a great potential, but not with default settings. HIPS on automatic mode is useless :p
However, PUPs detection is absolutely top notch.

Last edited:

dbrisendine

Level 1
Jul 21, 2014
Thanks for the feedback. Even on their (ESET's) forum it seems to be a little hard to get good information on the new versions.

duncan402

Level 2
Verified
Jul 18, 2015
Does the new version is stable enough to be installed on Windows 7. Is there any review about it? I'm going to try the latest beta version if there was already report from anyone who had tried the latest beta on their computers.

adnage19

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
Does the new version is stable enough to be installed on Windows 7. Is there any review about it? I'm going to try the latest beta version if there was already report from anyone who had tried the latest beta on their computers.
I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work on the Windows 7. Beta 10 is stable on Windows 10 and it probably works as good on Windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.