Battle eset 7 or others

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
i find it a real chore to grasp esets settings everything in that application is said in a way that you need a PHD in programming and antivirus coding and hard scientific words

is there any other antivirus out there thats simple to use like eset, i cant use comodo it blocks curse client for my warcraft addons

Reactions: Ulikedat

mmmory

Level 2
Verified
Nov 4, 2013
If you don't download & install unknown stuff, third party antivirus will be useless. Just use a browser extension like bitdefender trafficlight. Then you basically have bitdefender's malware and phishing filter in your browser with no bloat installed. It will block any malicious website you visit anyway. Windows defender (or MSE in win7) is more than enough for just surfing the web if you don't use unknown programs, cracked games.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
When choosing security products you need to understand that they should NOT be your first line of defense.
You need to understand the order of importance:

1. User actions- what you download will eventually determine if you get infected. Only download files from trusted sources, if you are not sure then cancel the download and do some research on the source to make sure it is safe.

2. UAC- never approve anything unless you know it is safe, do research on the term that comes up on the UAC prompts before approving.

3. Keep Windows and all of your software updated (especially browsers, browser add-ons and online applications).

4. Choose a light AV that doesn't have issues with your system or programs and has low false positives. (Avast, Avira, AVG, MSE or Windows Defender, Panda Cloud). If you decide you want to buy instead of using free security products, make sure to use a trial version to its full time limit before buying. Many users make the mistake of buying before trying and ending up with a software that doesn't work with their programs or causes issues with their system and maybe be too difficult to understand.

5. If using Windows 8, do not install third-party firewalls and beware of installing AV's, you have been warned, they are known to cause all kinds of problems. For this reason just use Windows default security features along with good downloading habits.

Just remember their is no product proven to protect all users the same way, if you are a careless user you will get infected no matter what security products that you use. Paid products will not protect careless users any better than what free products can. Never think that just because a security product got top honors on testing sites, that they will protect you.

Enjoy!! :D

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
god i hate trying to pick an antivirus, ok so all in all i dnt care if its paid or free which has the best detection rate and is light on the system while easy to configure
dragonx1983, if you have Windows 8/8.1 use the Windows AV & Firewall.:) Another choice I've used seemlessly is Avira Free http://www.avira.com/en/avira-free-antivirus ;) If you're absolutely set on a name that's more popular, I've a 6 month key for:eek: Bitdefender I won't be using.:p:rolleyes: Whichever you choose, good luck mate!:D

D

Deleted member 178

lol windows 8 i will never touch that, every website is copying that stupid metro look they have

kfgk8v0.gif

another cluelesss "i-hate-Win8-but-i-don't-know-really-why" :D (with all respect due)

Common point of win8 haters: "Metro's look is horrible"

http://malwaretips.com/threads/win8-is-horrible.26845/

Reactions: mmmory
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.