Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
eset 7 or comodo internet security 6

which is better overall im using comodo but when ive used eset online scanner its found stuff on my pc comodo hasnt picked up

my current setup is CIS+MW bytes

but is it worth using eset SS 7 + MW bytes or ESET 7 NOD + comodo firewall and MWbytes ?

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
RE: eset 7 or comodo internet security 6

There is no information on the following Anti-Viruses?

> Dr.Web
> Webroot
> Comodo Internet Security
> I am sure that, I missing one more.

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-VB100-Windows-8-Pro

http://www.av-test.org/en/

I use Emsisoft Anti-Mal-ware for over a year and uninstall and try Qihoo 360 Internet Secuirty. Qihoo 360 Internet Secuirty found malware that Emsisoft Anti-Mal-ware miss completely! The reason,that I am not Qihoo 360 Internet Secuirty is because it has problems with Windows 8.1 Pro on my PC's.

Also, I have been testing Eset for awhile now? It Anti Theft module has problems! And I am NOT sure of it cleaning abilities. So, it not what are comfortable with? It a Anti-Virus that has less headaches. Great Support! And which has the best cleaning abilities. Because sooner and/or later you get an infection with some form of Mal-ware.

Not an easy process.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011

Hi, Umbra Polaris!

How is Webroot cleaning of Malware? Can you give a percent? And can Webroot clean malware if not connect to the internet?

D

Deleted member 178

Moose said:
How is Webroot cleaning of Malware? Can you give a percent?

never get infected so i cant tell you a ratio, you have to know that Webroot create a baseline during its installation, so if it monitor a potential infection of the system WSA will check the cloud then try to reverse the modification. If it could not , the malware will be isolated waiting a update from the cloud to remove it.

And can Webroot clean malware if not connect to the internet?

yes it does, it has a cached signature database, but the result will be less effective.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013

I would say both are good.
However this thread is about eset or comodo and not webroot.

Thanks.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Matousec and TopTenReviews... Just kidding.

OT: I still think the Firewall on my Router is more important, because that can block out the majority of attacks.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
technology said:
Eset better in detection
CIS Better in prevention

my vote go to CIS

Actually the comodo av is pretty damn good nowadays.I think people tend to judge the av when it was still rather new.
But over the years it has got a lot better and it has stopped everything i have thrown at it.

Only thing which comodo internet security would need is some form of webshield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.