Battle ESET + Comodo + Malwarebytes vs 2017

sagsxww

Thread author
Oct 31, 2017
Hello there guys,

This is my first post so I am sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section. I am setting up a new machine in a week or so and from my little research it seems like my old "standard" is not considered as good nowadays. The new machine will be Win7 64bit just fyi.

What I used to install is ESET NOD32 Antivirus + Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (deprecated?) + Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit + Comodo Firewall + Sandboxie. From what I've seen/read around Eset is not considered that good nowadays (or at least doesn't get any love) and either is Malwarebytes (after version 3+). Should I go with a different setup?

I've read a lot of good comments about Emsisoft/Kaspersky/Bitdefender but I am kinda lost (there are also a ton more which I didn't mention). I think I need an Antivirus + Anti-Malware + Firewall (Anti-Exploit was a nice little tool).

Thanks for your time and help!

Fun fact: I was avoiding Kaspersky since I remember it being a damn heavy program (back in the days when it first came out).

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Firstly, get things right.
Does ESET serves you well all the time? If yes why still say no good?.
If something works for you, just stick with it. Otherwise, change it.

Unless you wanna try something new then by all means go ahead. But no point changing it just because someone claim it's no good.

sagsxww

Thread author
Oct 31, 2017
Firstly, get things right.
Does ESET serves you well all the time? If yes why still say no good?.
If something works for you, just stick with it. Otherwise, change it.

Unless you wanna try something new then by all means go ahead. But no point changing it just because someone claim it's no good.
I am only thinking about changing because I am setting up a new PC :) Maybe I'm left behind etc.
I am not changing what I'm already using though. I don't see a need atm at least.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.