Battle ESET Endpoint Security or Internet Security ?

I

illumination

Endpoint Security or Internet Security
i got a gift license both of them for 1 yr....but have to choose only one of them....which one its better ?
How many devices do you and your family have, how many seats come with each license you have been offered. Are you capable enough to run and manage end point security, how is your knowledge with either? What are your systems used for, are the users on your network versed in safe habits, do you back up regularly?

The answer would depend on many variables, and depends completely on you and your honest answers to yourself and what you would be comfortable with.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Are you capable enough to run and manage end point security, how is your knowledge with either?
Good point.

Consumer products are generally easier to manage and by default, it's balanced between security and performance.

Not used Endpoint security, but I am guessing it's slightly tuned for better performance, whilst the rest of the network is protected by other solutions. Make sure to read up about ESET Endpoint before installing.

It won't matter which is better if you don't know how to install/configure it.

Moderator Actions:
  • Moved to Compare Apps [Help Me Decide]
  • Created Poll for voters

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
But currently HIPS do support wildcard.
I don't think so but Itman knows better so ask him.
LOL it is a shame.
It doesn't.
The wildcard is not userfriendly and home users like me don't have any interest in Windows Millennium technology:emoji_innocent:
Wildcard is from the ice age.
The endpoint version has more features like wildcard support for Hips!
now it has more features like ESET Dynamic Threat Defense and ESET Enterprise Inspector.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I don't think so but Itman knows better so ask him.

It doesn't.
The wildcard is not userfriendly and home users like me don't have any interest in Windows Millennium technology:emoji_innocent:
Wildcard is from the ice age.

now it has more features like ESET Dynamic Threat Defense and ESET Enterprise Inspector.
You can do the following.

1. Create a folder. (C:\users\Name\documents\folder)

2. Make a HIPS that prevents all delete and write to that folder.

Rule name:
Action: ask or block
Operation affecting: Files
Enabled: On
Source application: All application
File Operation: Delete file / Write to file
Files: Specific files (C:\users\Name\documents\folder)
Finish

If you attempt to create another folder or file inside of it and try to delete it you won't get any prompts or be blocked.

However if you change the rule above to
>Specific file: C:\users\Name\documents\folder\*

If you try to delete files or folders inside of it you will get prompt or blocked (depending on the HIPS rule you created)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.