ESET Firewall : Disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
By Permanently Disabling ESET Firewall. Can i use some other firewall (like .. CFW, OAP).

ESET_Firewall.png

D

Deleted member 178

No, because the drivers are still there; disabled is not uninstalled.

Akash209

Verified
Feb 11, 2013
I dont think that that work because windows say that two or more firewalls ACTIVE..!!!

Isn't the ESET firewall good...???? If NO, then why want want to change the firewall and also increase some Ram & Cpu uses..??

P

Plexx

Akash209 said:
Isn't the ESET firewall good...???? If NO, then why want want to change the firewall and also increase some Ram & Cpu uses..??

ESET's firewall is subpar to free alternatives (OA Free, CFW), as well as the combo of Windows firewall with Tinywall/Windows firewall control etc.

Advanced users tend to opt to use any of the above mentioned as opposed to ESS, therefore what they do is run EAV instead of ESS.

Unfortunately, users who use EAV v6 and then pair it up or not with a firewall will regardless feel the higher RAM consumption. ESET updated their sites by removing under system requirements the 100k RAM usage, which many have not realized and often say that it is going over 100k as opposed to V5.

That is how ESET 6 is now, higher in RAM than before and one of the reasons I do not use ESET anymore.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
MrExplorer said:
ok, Thanks for Support. Can we use ESS Key in ESET NOD32

A key issued for Smart Security will work for Nod32 Antivirus also.

A key issued for Nod32 Antivirus will only work for Nod32 Antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.