Advice Request Eset Firewall Used With Other Product?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Has anyone here ever tried using Esets firewall with a other AV like Emsisoft for example?,I mean shutting Esets realtime protection then just using its Firewall along side another program?

I wouldn't personally do this. ;)

I think you are liking Emsisoft BB, but also like ESET firewall (maybe I'm wrong). Me personally, I would just choose ESET. Licenses are cheap on sites such as Ebay (I know at least 10 people cringed just now). Whether they are legit or not...they work for me.

Here's a whitepaper for ESET if that makes you feel better:

ESET Endpoint is used by a big corp with many of thousands of locations that I do a little work for. ESET is not a little guy in the biz of cyber stuff.

I use Kaspersky though. I find it more fine tuned and polished. ESET is fast though, but patch E of KTS 2019 is very quick now. My 2 cents. Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Not a good idea specially when WFP is such a comprehensive platform to use, and ESET itself adds no innovation in terms of general security. If you like another antivirus/suite, you can also use their firewall or WF along with WFC, Tinywall, etc.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
It can be a problem to do what you say. because being a suite the modules may not be independent and may have some modules dependencies with others.

I am using Emsisoft with Comodo Firewall and there are no problems.:giggle:

Last edited:

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
i think some drivers will still be active even if they are not you don't want to do that. either run eset alone or choose other products linked to comodo or Zonealarm Firewalls which are tunes and very secure

Dave Russo

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Your thinking too deep. I wouldn't personally do this. ;)

I think you are liking Emsisoft BB, but also like ESET firewall (maybe I'm wrong). Me personally, I would just choose ESET. Licenses are cheap on sites such as Ebay (I know at least 10 people cringed just now). Whether they are legit or not...they work for me.

Here's a whitepaper for ESET if that makes you feel better:

ESET Endpoint is used by a big corp with many of thousands of locations that I do a little work for. ESET is not a little guy in the biz of cyber stuff.

I use Kaspersky though. I find it more fine tuned and polished. ESET is fast though, but patch E of KTS 2019 is very quick now. My 2 cents. Sorry for the rant.
Thanks ,really enjoyed the whitepaper article

Thank you all for your responses,I have left Eset intact !

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.