App Review ESET Internet Security 2019 Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I still wonder how GData will test out with the new Deepak Chopra technology. GData was already quite excellent, if not exceptional before the new version and the new module.

Also, since GData is like - really really - lightweight now... I'd choose GData over Emsisoft and Eset any day if you fancy either.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

GData will have serious trouble in some markets if they don't reduce their local prices. In my country I can buy a 3 years Kaspersky license with what I'd pay for 1 year of GData with the same number of computers and equivalent product...

The 10 Device pack for $59 doesn't apply to your market? That's a healthy deal on their website!

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
The 10 Device pack for $59 doesn't apply to your market? That's a healthy deal on their website!
Apparently not. When I posted my comment the the 5 machines 1 year license for the Internet Security suite was listed as US$69. For US$5 more I can buy a Kaspersky Internet security license for 5 machines and 3 years.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Maybe Eset is vunerable to certain attacks{Which Av"s aren"t?}Never the less who these days do not add other layers of protection? I for example have Voodoshield and Heidmal pro along side, many other people other choices.Do we really recommend only a AV these days? Lol Eset configured for me is still a great choice,gl all

Reactions: elquenunca

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Wisdom is becoming scarce,understanding is becoming rare and guidance is lost.
If av's were electricity providers or water providers then excuses will grind to a halt. Most AV's aren't what they use to be (example) I use E.A.M + Online amour from early days, what made me fall in love with the product isn't anything that was said about it,no, it was me configuring my product and going all over the net any place any where just to get infected, download any thing and try to run it, man that product kicked some @#s, from there you know Ganzi found uh keeper, but low and behold yrs later overseers took the mighty and turn it into bilge and that ain't all, then they turn around and try to make people swallow the (pill) name better product, i can't go all over the net trying to get infect with this product because it happens with out me having to break a sweat, before wasn't so easy.
How does a person know they have a great tool not from cooperate reviews, but form people example YouTube, MH or me testing the heck out of it.
When people make excuses for Av products stop fussing against those people, here is why there excuses makes them feel good but the product suffers,example john Doe said X av fail ransomware test Bob said no it didn't if X av product was configured correct it would have stopped it. (ok then) some one tell another about it on the Av forum and the said Av gets defended with thats not a fail, so the Av owners agree and doesn't fix what is really a hole or flaw in the product, given time it will become a strainer full of holes like there excuses and the death of a once great product. Time is everything be-careful.
Every product have it ups and downs that is where customers should ban together to help get it back where it once was, not excuses.
One man garbage is uh another mans treasure.

Last edited:
  • Applause
Reactions: Brie and Dave Russo

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Remember on this forum (~3 years ago) when ESET was the go to AV above all others? Things flip a little, 98% scores are pretty darn perfect to me, and I still think ESET is a solid company with a solid product. Also pretty darn cheap to buy on 3rd party sites (I just got a 3 user, 2 year license for $11 for ESET Smart Security Premium).

I'd just wish they would change their GUI up a little (hard to navigate) and implement some more major updates year to year (could be good or bad to some people, but to me...I get butterflys when I see flashy words in major updates haha).

beavisviruses

Level 3
Verified
Oct 8, 2018
Nope Kaspersky isn't perfect. No AVs is perfect in this world (as you can see here a lot of AVs were bypassed, including Kaspersky). On my second PC (laptop) i have Eset installed and I saw that it's not performing as before. After this I'm not saying that Eset sucks, it's still always a good product but they have to work hard on it.
your test is 2017 ? wtf

beavisviruses

Level 3
Verified
Oct 8, 2018
Wisdom is becoming scarce,understanding is becoming rare and guidance is lost.
If av's were electricity providers or water providers then excuses will grind to a halt. Most AV's aren't what they use to be (example) I use E.A.M + Online amour from early days, what made me fall in love with the product isn't anything that was said about it,no, it was me configuring my product and going all over the net any place any where just to get infected, download any thing and try to run it, man that product kicked some @#s, from there you know Ganzi found uh keeper, but low and behold yrs later overseers took the mighty and turn it into bilge and that ain't all, then they turn around and try to make people swallow the (pill) name better product, i can't go all over the net trying to get infect with this product because it happens with out me having to break a sweat, before wasn't so easy.
How does a person know they have a great tool not from cooperate reviews, but form people example YouTube, MH or me testing the heck out of it.
When people make excuses for Av products stop fussing against those people, here is why there excuses makes them feel good but the product suffers,example john Doe said X av fail ransomware test Bob said no it didn't if X av product was configured correct it would have stopped it. (ok then) some one tell another about it on the Av forum and the said Av gets defended with thats not a fail, so the Av owners agree and doesn't fix what is really a hole or flaw in the product, given time it will become a strainer full of holes like there excuses and the death of a once great product. Time is everything be-careful.
Every product have it ups and downs that is where customers should ban together to help get it back where it once was, not excuses.
One man garbage is uh another mans treasure.

I'm arguing with you, Eset is not the first time he fails a jUAN DIAZ test, it's not an excuse, the product is bad detecting malware zero day. And not only with him to failed I could send you other tests where the same thing happens. Eset must improve his protection.

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
I'm arguing with you, Eset is not the first time he fails a jUAN DIAZ test, it's not an excuse, the product is bad detecting malware zero day. And not only with him to failed I could send you other tests where the same thing happens. Eset must improve his protection.
I strongly disagree with you. ESET has excellent static detection and top notch signatures. And their web protection is one of the best. In the real world you don't execute ransomware by clicking an exe file. They are installed through obfuscation techniques. ESET HIPS and Firewall have to be configured for the maximum protection. If you're using ESET at default settings you're doing it wrong. The only complaint I have with ESET is that they need to focus on and improve their BB. Other than that it's a pretty good suite. Over the last 5 years of using ESET I have never been infected. Last but not the least an AV is always the last line of defense. The user is the first and foremost. If the user doesn't practice safe habits then I guarantee you that no AV in this world will be able to protect the user, no matter what AV the user installs.

beavisviruses

Level 3
Verified
Oct 8, 2018
I strongly disagree with you. ESET has excellent static detection and top notch signatures. And their web protection is one of the best. In the real world you don't execute ransomware by clicking an exe file. They are installed through obfuscation techniques. ESET HIPS and Firewall have to be configured for the maximum protection. If you're using ESET at default settings you're doing it wrong. The only complaint I have with ESET is that they need to focus on and improve their BB. Other than that it's a pretty good suite. Over the last 5 years of using ESET I have never been infected. Last but not the least an AV is always the last line of defense. The user is the first and foremost. If the user doesn't practice safe habits then I guarantee you that no AV in this world will be able to protect the user, no matter what AV the user installs.
Not all are virus signatures, nor static deteccción, it does not help anything that is "excellent" in virus signatures, if zero day protection is useless. It is not an excuse, you understand, the antivius fails and there is no more to talk about. We are not judging the user here. A test is done in real time and with the antivirus protection set to the maximum. It is not an excuse, as I repeat again. The test is a complete fail and it is not the first time that the same thing happens.

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
Not all are virus signatures, nor static deteccción, it does not help anything that is "excellent" in virus signatures, if zero day protection is useless. It is not an excuse, you understand, the antivius fails and there is no more to talk about. We are not judging the user here. A test is done in real time and with the antivirus protection set to the maximum. It is not an excuse, as I repeat again. The test is a complete fail and it is not the first time that the same thing happens.
NO default allow AV can protect from all zero day attacks. It doesn't matter if it's Kaspersky or ESET or Norton. A typical home user will generally not run into a true zero day malware. And in this test ESET was NOT configured for Maximum protection, which includes setting HIPS and Firewall to Interactive. If you search for videos on the scorpion malware you'll find out that even Kaspersky, Norton were bypassed. Only Comodo with CS settings manged to protect. So it proves once again what I said earlier-"NO default allow AV can protect against all zero day malware."

• +Reputation
Reactions: Nevi and jackwilli

jackwilli

Level 3
Verified
Jan 1, 2019
Well no antivirus is perfect. But the way you are saying about ESET you seem much angry over ESET. I don't think that protection set to the maximum because in that case ESET is very annoying and i will have to say very strong. It is not a real time test. In real word you never run exe knowing that it will harm your system. Mostly viruses and other threats downloaded from internet so having a excellent web filter can stop them or it may be firewall. I also agree with you that ESET needs to be improve a lot. Since last few years it is not what it used to be.

Reactions: Wraith

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.