App Review ESET Internet Security 2019 Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

beavisviruses

Level 3
Verified
Oct 8, 2018
Looks like someone is here only to judge a product against zero day malware. If that's your aim ditch signature based antivirus. Go for default deny or anti executables like Exe Radar Pro, VoodooShield, AppGuard. Don't troll over here. No matter how much you try, ESET failing in some zero day malwares will not make ESET bad over here at MT because unlike you, experts here know that all default allow AV's will fail to detect true zero day malware at some point or the other.
is not excuses, in this test and similars FAIL

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
is not excuses, in this test and similars FAIL
I agree that ESET fails in tests where there are zero day malwares. But the way you're portraying ESET makes it seem that it's a bad product which it is absolutely not when in fact it's one of the best. Don't get people confused if you can't help them. No product is 100% perfect and every product has a weak spot. You're only highlighting the weak spot of ESET(their BB and zero day malware). It has got so many strong points(why are you ignoring the strong spots?) ESET's weak spot is they don't have a good BB but does it make ESET a bad choice? Absolutely NOT. Does ESET need to improve on their BB? Absolutely YES. Peace out.

beavisviruses

Level 3
Verified
Oct 8, 2018
I agree that ESET fails in tests where there are zero day malwares. But the way you're portraying ESET makes it seem that it's a bad product which it is absolutely not when in fact it's one of the best. Don't get people confused if you can't help them. No product is 100% perfect and every product has a weak spot. You're only highlighting the weak spot of ESET(their BB and zero day malware). It has got so many strong points(why are you ignoring the strong spots?) ESET's weak spot is they don't have a good BB but does it make ESET a bad choice? Absolutely NOT. Does ESET need to improve on their BB? Absolutely YES. Peace out.

Exit products that have the same strengths of Eset that you mention and have a strong behavioral engine, so stop using Eset. Among them is Kaspersky, Norton and Bitdefender. I am calm, I only say that there are better products in the market.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Exit products that have the same strengths of Eset that you mention and have a strong behavioral engine, so stop using Eset. Among them is Kaspersky, Norton and Bitdefender. I am calm, I only say that there are better products in the market.
How good are those against pups?

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
  • HaHa
Reactions: beavisviruses

beavisviruses

Level 3
Verified
Oct 8, 2018

I did not understand your question, if you are referring to a pup application, it is much easier to eliminate a type of application like that than a Ransomware in zero day.

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
Its best not to argue with fools because they will simply refuse to believe in logic and proofs. So hereby I end this discussion of mine and you are free to post whatever you wish. People here at MT already know what ESET is capable of. It was one of the best and it is still one of the best now.

Hamxa

Level 1
Verified
Mar 12, 2018
Lot of bashing againsit ESET. I used KTS, and It never disappointed me. Now I use ESET and It never disappointed either. However there are people whom only objective is to find flaws no matter what.
OR I am just a careful user. LOL I have not even read whole thread, only recent couple of replies.

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

Its best not to argue with fools because they will simply refuse to believe in logic and proofs. So hereby I end this discussion of mine and you are free to post whatever you wish. People here at MT already know what ESET is capable of. It was one of the best and it is still one of the best now.

Very spot on and I agree with you 100%.

Lot of bashing againsit ESET. I used KTS, and It never disappointed me. Now I use ESET and It never disappointed either. However there are people whom only objective is to find flaws no matter what.

Eset always tends to get flack unfairly IMO. Unfortuatly, there are other products like Eset that constantly get flack and that no matter how much they improve, or do well on a test, there will always be those who will always look for the negatives no matter what.

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
OR I am just a careful user. LOL I have not even read whole thread, only recent couple of replies.
For a home user Kaspersky and ESET both are terrific choices. Norton and Bitdefender are also excellent and viable alternatives.

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
Kaspersky is a good antivirus with trusted application mode enabled. You really need to have a thorough knowledge to bypass this module, so my choice would be more on Kaspersky but in not default mode
I never use any security software in default settings. If you do, you're doing it wrong. I always configure them for the maximum protection and performance. TAM, Application Control and the System Watcher are the three top notch components that are extremely effective against zero day malware. Once you set them up, never worry about infection (except pup and of course if you don't disable the protection).

'
why kaspersky are terrible choise ?
I didn't say terrible. I said terrific in the sense that they are superb & excellent choices.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.