Advice Request ESET IS 10 - Any other security software enhancement (with compatibility) required?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

My concern is that knowing ESET is a middle performer when comes to malware protection (wrt testing by test labs and here) I would like to know any other means to enhance this aspect of it. BTW, AppGuard is not without its weakness too.

Thanks
ESET isn't a middle performer, it is not rated better because testers let it to default setting, customize its settings and you will see. Remember it has an HIPS.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
@HarborFront looking forward for your results of the upcoming days.
I should make clear that i have EAV installed not EIS or ESS and yes i have Hitman pro Alert alongside.
So far no conflicts and i haven't disabled any EAV feature.
The only thing i noticed so far is that opening and shutting down my system
takes a few more seconds after the installation of HMPA.

Huchim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
I have tried several combinations with winpatrol, zemana AL, hitman pro alert, adguard, for some reason ESET is very incompatible with other software that has real-time protection, I have now ESET with a pretty light config with appguard, and is the best for performance.

I really don't recomend to use hitmanpro alert since it has many layers as common, even the keystroke function doesn't work in the banking mode of ESET because it has keylogger protection in that feature. Same with ZAL, problems with certificates with adguard (seems fixed now), etc.

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I have tried several combinations with winpatrol, zemana AL, hitman pro alert, adguard, for some reason ESET is very incompatible with other software that has real-time protection, I have now ESET with a pretty light config with appguard, and is the best for performance.

I really don't recomend to use hitmanpro alert since it has many layers as common, even the keystroke function doesn't work in the banking mode of ESET because it has keylogger protection in that feature. Same with ZAL, problems with certificates with adguard (seems fixed now), etc.
Man, you should have posted earlier. My tablet with ESET IS 10 and EAM already bricked.

I'll keep your advise in mind. Thanks

Last edited:

Huchim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
Man, you should have posted earlier. My tablet with ESET IS 10 and EAM already bricked.

I'll keep your advise in mind. Thanks

yes, I read them, I don't know what are you consider now, but any other software with some real-time monitoring causes serious bad bahaviours, ESET is a complete suite, only some anti-exe or SRP as a good backup is a great layered config

Alikhan

Level 2
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
It has been a while since Eset has been tested by anyone on the Malware Hub.

I've seen some new behaviour detection (Win32/Beh.A) for some samples which may be the anti-ransomware protection. I've only noticed it in the past few days too...

Reactions: Syafiq
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.