Advice Request ESET IS 10 with HMPA and Emsisoft AntiMalware

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Just my opinion from a history of using both, and I love EmsiSoft, those that know me here can attest to that.
Eset has come a very long way, and so has EAM, but there is something about Eset and the way the Eset devs have that software set up and configured that just sits well with me, it translates well to the user, does that make sense ? Any way
thanks for asking ;)
EDIT: But please don't misunderstand me, EmsiSoft is on the right track too, Eset just has a few more
years under it's belt, and has used them wisely.

Thanks bro. Its a great pleasure to reply to your post and getting good knowledge from you :cool:(y)
You said that: EmsiSoft is on the right track too, Eset just has a few more
Could you specify what feature you are talking about regarding this: Eset just has a few more?
What ESET features you liked the most that made you to say that where they are not exist in EAM?

Last edited:

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Yes, you can if you use it in interactive mode plus some custom rules like the one I gave you.
compare to VS
There are more options to tweak(like alert for modifying startup) but that one(i mean start new application) ask about almost all executable file not only EXE :)
Eset advantages=first its free and the second is Hips in Eset will alert for child process (if you use it in interactive mode)
VS adavantages=AI which does not exist in Eset :)

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
ESET features
You need to install Eset and find yourself.
There are many settings and features that you can work with them.
For me, it took almost 45 DAYS to learn Eset hips because it's complicated and it has 4 modes but if you learn it its strong and comparable to SpyShelter Premium (because I used both and compare the alerts they gave me:p) same alerts can generate by Eset(if you tweak it with ask rules)

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Thanks bro. Its a great pleasure to reply to your post and getting good knowledge from you :cool:(y)
You said that: EmsiSoft is on the right track too, Eset just has a few more
Could you specify what feature you are talking about regarding this: Eset just has a few more?
What ESET features you liked the most that made you to say that where they are not exist in EAM?
Mainly those ESET IS's FW + HIPS + network protection features are not available in EAM......

and ESET has the best protection against deceptors, super low FPs, lightweight etc (y)

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Hello, I think it is a good combo,as long as there is no error messages:)

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Mainly those ESET IS's FW + HIPS + network protection features are not available in EAM......

and ESET has the best protection against deceptors, super low FPs, lightweight etc (y)

Wow. Thanks a ton.
First, What deceptors exactly are? please
Second, after all those great features you mentioned from above.

Questions:
1. Do you recommend ESET IS over EAM for a user at a very high level of IT security knowledge?
if Yes then
2. Is there any EAM Behavior Blocker alternative feature in ESET IS coz I don't want to lose EAM BB feature anyway.
3. If we tweak HIPS in ESET IS like our respected member @
Sunshine-boy shared then Do you think it would be a replaceable for BB in EAM? Thanks for answering bro (y)

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Wow. Thanks a ton.
First, What deceptors exactly are? please
Second, after all those great features you mentioned from above.

Questions:
1. Do you recommend ESET IS over EAM for a user at a very high level of IT security knowledge?
if Yes then
2. Is there any EAM Behavior Blocker alternative feature in ESET IS coz I don't want to lose EAM BB feature anyway.
3. If we tweak HIPS in ESET IS like our respected member @
Sunshine-boy shared then Do you think it would be a replaceable for BB in EAM? Thanks for answering bro (y)
Deceptors are PUP and adware

1. Depends if you want a strong firewall + HIPS + network protection (provided you tweaked them) + those PROS mentioned earlier then you go for ESET. EAM sits on top of default Windows FW, easy to use and comes with an excellent BB

2. & 3. Your answers are here

Behavior Blocker

What are Heuristics?

What is the Host-based Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) in ESET Windows home products?

ItsReallyMe

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2017
I have installed ESET IS + EAM, when EAM try to quarantine a detected threat ESET shows a message That Emsisoft Protection Service tries to access an 'x' file and its blocked ( X - is the threat which both AV's detected as a threat). ESET never let EAM quarantine anything.That means they conflict when there is a malware!

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
That means they conflict when there is a malware!
Tahst means you lost your mind:D
You can exclude Emsisoft for Eset Hips and you will not get any alert anymore! but why would you do that? xd what is this config?

D

Deleted member 178

I have installed ESET IS + EAM, when EAM try to quarantine a detected threat ESET shows a message That Emsisoft Protection Service tries to access an 'x' file and its blocked ( X - is the threat which both AV's detected as a threat). ESET never let EAM quarantine anything.That means they conflict when there is a malware!
Obvious and expected, it is why we don't recommend to use 2 full AV together.

Tahst means you lost your mind:D
You can exclude Emsisoft for Eset Hips and you will not get any alert anymore! but why would you do that? xd what is this config?
making exclusions won't 100% assure that there is no underlying issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.