Eset + Mbam Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Is it necessary to run Eset Smart Security+ Mbam pro together or would Eset do well enough on its own?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
MBAM Pro designed to be alongside with other Antiviruses. But in the case just use suite then leave MBAM as scanner.

ESET Smart Security have lots of features there so it can be handle alone.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
ESET Smart Security 5 Reviews:
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-ESET-SMART-SECURITY-5-Test-by-winsevenholic-me
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-ESET-Smart-Security-5-Tests
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-ESET-Smart-Security-5-Final-by-MrXidus

MBAM Pro can be run alongside your Antivirus, so it's up to you.

D

Deleted member 178

yes if the RAM usage of MBAM pro (40mb) doesn't matter to you, go with it.

Linuxfever

Jan 11, 2011
So you've spent $59.99 on ESS 5 and now you think that it can't protect you on its own?
Will MBAM Pro work with ESS 5? YES but ESS 5 is a powerful product and paid product.If it fails than it means that it didn't deserve it's money in the first place.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Malwarebytes PRO can only bring extra-detection in your config but ESET antivirus engine is already pretty strong , so you don't really need it.
To really improve your security configuration , you should go to ESS 5 > Setup > HIPS > Filtering Mode and chose "Interactive Mode".

Interactive mode – User will be prompted to confirm operations..

jcaAh.png

I can't find any good reason why you should spent $24.95 to buy Mbam Pro, a wiser choice would be a external HDD (In case you don't have one) so that you can save a backup System image of your system.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
in my opinion;
MBAM is best to combine with all AV's or security software in the world.
MBAM like a firewall. AV or IS missed a threats MBAM (pro) will be detect and remove it.

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
To really improve your security configuration , you should go to ESS 5 > Setup > HIPS > Filtering Mode and chose "Interactive Mode".
Yeahh, you do that and we'll talk at the insanity asylum because you WILL have killed someone shortly after.

@darkelixa - ESET is powerful enough on it's own. So unless you really want the extra realtime protection, i think it's better to turn off ESS's login scan, and install something like hitman pro to do a scan on login. Just my 2 cent.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Interactive Mode will give you a lot of time to dismiss the popup whether its safe or not.

Also you need to configure the exception from the popup.

D

Deleted member 178

Dark, Honestly why you want to waste so much money in so much different vendors... you dont need MBAM Pro, even me one of the most paranoid member in the forum , don't use it...

keep ESET or NIS, they protect you enough.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
MBAM pro is lifetime license. and can combine with all AV in the world. and also make a great combination, such as with avast, NAV or NIS, Avira, and many more.
i just make MBAM pro as like a firewall it's for me.

D

Deleted member 178

MBAM Pro has nothing to do with a firewall (no ports and network controller, packet monitor etc...) ...it is just like a BB. (Comodo FW, Online Armor, Zone Alarm, etc...are firewalls).

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
it's for me umbra, MBAM is like everything, their block all about malicious..
probably after my NAV ended. i'll just use MBAM pro. ;)

D

Deleted member 178

win7holic said:
it's for me umbra, MBAM is like everything, their block all about malicious..
probably after my NAV ended. i'll just use MBAM pro. ;)

if you want people take your advices seriously use the right terms with the right things. What is for you is not forcibly the truth, remember that beginners on this forum read your posts and will trust your words, and if you say false things, the quality of the forum will go down.

Firewall font block malicious things, a firewall just block or allow inbound or outbound connections from apps to internet (legit or malicious)

btw, you do what you want...

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
okay. sorry. i'm wrong that's just for advanced users.
but, you know. when MBAM block something links. it with details. about inbound or outbound. and with IP address also

D

Deleted member 178

win7holic said:
but, you know. when MBAM block something links. it with details. about inbound or outbound. and with IP address also

i think you don't know what is a firewall purpose...forget it.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
i know it umbra.
MBAM pro when go to malicious links it will act like firewall with pop-up detail inbound or outbound with IP address, it's like intrusion.
and, BB when you have file from USB or before you use MBAM or when you download it and MBAM not detect it, then you execute it, MBAM will alert it. quarantine or still run it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
MBAM's realtime protection has an IP Blocker, just like PeerBlock to block unwanted IP addresses. Not a firewall.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Earth said:
MBAM's realtime protection has an IP Blocker, just like PeerBlock to block unwanted IP addresses. Not a firewall.

ok. but, i said is, "act like firewall"
not a real firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.