Eset + Mbam Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Win7holic's comments with MBAM Pro acting like a firewall only brings nonsense. A Firewall only blocks and monitors Inbound and Outbound Traffic so it has nothing to do with Blocking Malicious IP addresses and Malicious Websites. Please get your facts straight first before posting to avoid misunderstanding.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
it fact. as i said. it act like firewall. but, not fully firewall.
to be details, MBAM just detect malicious IP inbound or outbound.
otherwise with firewall. firewall for ALL activity ,when you run or execute apps monitoring by firewall.
A firewall is used to determine what programs are allowed to access the internet. when access into malicious link. mbam will detect it (if have mbam pro) if not have it, firewall will alert you.
that's why i said it's act like firewall, but not FULLY firewall. Smile
i know the fact is:
this from mbam forum:
If you're referring to the Website Blocker, it isn't a firewall. It's an IP address filter that blocks your computer from any connection to or from a known malicious IP address if that address is in our block list, this includes blocking programs that you might trust (such as your internet browser) from connecting to such sites should they be embedded in advertisements in safe webpages as well as hijacked system processes that would normally be safe.
but, for me it's act like a firewall.
please read carefully. cheers.

NOTE: please don't say "don't misleading"
boring, you know? if you say like that, are you perfect man? if yes. wow. thats cool. Dodgy

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
FYI, A Firewall doesn't block access to a Malicious Website, So stop spreading misleading posts again. A Security Software that blocks access to a malicious IP address isn't called a Firewall nor should be called "Acts like a Firewall". I gave you the information so now please, Keep it in mind.

BTW, Nothing's boring with saying that you should stop misleading beginners here in the forum and to the visitors that reads your posts. And I'm not perfect, I'm only more KNOWLEDGEABLE than you are. The truth hurts but you need to accept the truth so the world can go by. How could you be a Malware Researcher if you don't know how Security Software works? I bet that you don't even know a thing about Security within Windows.

P.S MBAM Pro doesn't act like a BB, A Behavior Blocker is a security software that monitors a certain program's behavior by constantly matching it with a series of rules provided by the Security Company, If the certain program violates the rule, the BB will redeem the program as malicious. MBAM uses Signatures so it's not a Behavior Blocker. Keep that in mind too.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
A firewall cannot determine whether the application requiring Internet access is a legitimate program or one for malicious purposes.

Apart from being classed as a compatible Anti-Malware product. I have never seen a prompt from MBAM Pro asking whether you want to Allow or Block an application from accessing the Internet.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
So in the long run, win7holic proved nothing. Nothing useful, Just nonsense that imposes wrong information to the people.

D

Deleted member 178

BoXX28 said:
P.S MBAM Pro doesn't act like a BB, A Behavior Blocker is a security software that monitors a certain program's behavior by constantly matching it with a series of rules provided by the Security Company, If the certain program violates the rule, the BB will redeem the program as malicious. MBAM uses Signatures so it's not a Behavior Blocker. Keep that in mind too.

i never used the pro version and so never look how its RT protection is, so i don't know how exactly it works, i just said on the video i saw it look like a BB (similar as EAM) , btw thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.