Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
ESET Nod32 Antivirus 7 will not update. It displays error:

"Virus Signature Database Update Ended With An Error" and "Serious Unidentified Problem 1160"

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
I am a little confused. :confused:
I was told you could not publicly offer this by a forum moderator.
You posted in the ESET threads and offered IObit software? :eek:
o_O

I like these faces haha.
Aghhhhh :mad:
I accidently pressed "publish" with my mouse before I wrote that message, and stupid little textarea backup copied the PM to my friend (giving them the key) into the forum message:mad:. Sorry, Fixed. Thanks for the catch :)

Arakasi

Level 4
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
Have you tried going into Advance (Hit F5 from main menu).
Then drill to Update section > General
Select Setup button under Advanced Update Setup, choose HTTP Proxy, and select Do Not Use Proxy.
Then step back and click the Clear Update Cache. Then click OK at the bottom.
Then try your updates again.
Let us know the results.

Reactions: Chromatinfish 123

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
9fbvoQK.png

Clear update cache & then update, it will update.

Reactions: Chromatinfish 123

Arakasi

Level 4
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
Did you ensure the NO proxy option was selected, and automatically ping update server ?

Restart the PC and try clearing cache again, followed by update.

Arakasi

Level 4
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
You are right, choosing update server is only for Endpoints, brain fart on my end.

Click Start Menu > Under search programs and files, type "cmd" > open command prompt.
Enter the following text into the command prompt: ping update.eset.com -t

Let us know if you get replys or timed out, or dest unreachable.
Also, have you restarted the computer ?

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
You are right, choosing update server is only for Endpoints, brain fart on my end.

Click Start Menu > Under search programs and files, type "cmd" > open command prompt.
Enter the following text into the command prompt: ping update.eset.com -t

Let us know if you get replys or timed out, or dest unreachable.
Also, have you restarted the computer ?
I get this:
C:\User\(My Name)>ping update.eset.com -t
Ping request could not find host update.eset.com -t. PLease check the name and try again

Arakasi

Level 4
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
This could mean, one of two things.
1. you have a hidden proxy and i recommend posting in TwinHeadedEagle's thread to assist with malware investigation.
2. you might have a dns issue

You can follow the directions here: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2505
However i have a feeling since you cannot reach the update servers at all, it is other conflicting software or settings on the PC that is blocking you from reaching, hence my first 2 opinions on the situation.
I would make a post in the malware removal and have someone examine logs of your system.
:)

If you want, i could take a look at what may be going on, however according to forum rules here it might be against TOS for me to assist publicly. :D;)

To prepare for a system exam, you could follow this KB to receive support from ESET which is free with a legit license:
http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3466

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
This could mean, one of two things.
1. you have a hidden proxy and i recommend posting in TwinHeadedEagle's thread to assist with malware investigation.
2. you might have a dns issue

You can follow the directions here: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2505
However i have a feeling since you cannot reach the update servers at all, it is other conflicting software or settings on the PC that is blocking you from reaching, hence my first 2 opinions on the situation.
I would make a post in the malware removal and have someone examine logs of your system.
:)

If you want, i could take a look at what may be going on, however according to forum rules here it might be against TOS for me to assist publicly. :D;)

To prepare for a system exam, you could follow this KB to receive support from ESET which is free with a legit license:
http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3466
I don't have any proxy, just checked. Also, I have Webroot fully on and Ad-Aware Free off (only on-demand scan). Do these programs cause a difference?
Also, I use OpenDNS.

Arakasi

Level 4
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
That explains a little more.
Other security software that have web control, web protection, firewall, etc may have drivers that will conflict with your outgoing packets. OpenDNS shouldn't give you an issue, but you can try switching to google's 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 to see if it makes a difference, or whatever your neares DNS server is according to your ISP, then try to ping update servers again.
Let me know if you need assistance with switching your dns.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
That explains a little more.
Other security software that have web control, web protection, firewall, etc may have drivers that will conflict with your outgoing packets. OpenDNS shouldn't give you an issue, but you can try switching to google's 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 to see if it makes a difference, or whatever your neares DNS server is according to your ISP, then try to ping update servers again.
Let me know if you need assistance with switching your dns.
Oh. My Ad-Aware Firewall was left on.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
I disabled Ad-Aware Firewall and turned on WIndows Firewall, just need a little help setting up rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.