Advice Request ESET or something else?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPRA

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2016
I have Eset Internet Security and appgurd with no other protection so now a day I am little bit worried about ESET detection rate seeing all factor not only malware detection but also firewall and hips so is it worth enough to use ESET or shall I shift to other security. Currently I have Kaspersky Internet Security and F secure Safe license available with me please tell me your opinion and also suggest what shall I install to increase my system security.

Thank You

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
I have Eset Internet Security and appgurd with no other protection so now a day I am little bit worried about ESET detection rate seeing all factor not only malware detection but also firewall and hips so is it worth enough to use ESET or shall I shift to other security. Currently I have Kaspersky Internet Security and F secure Safe license available with me please tell me your opinion and also suggest what shall I install to increase my system security.

Thank You

I see no reason why you should move away from ESET if that's what you have been using for a while and are comfortable with the settings and how they all work. ESET and Appguard. If you have those 2 setup right. Then your pretty well protected my friend.

I would not worry so much of the detection rates you see on charts or on YouTube, etc. Its not every day a average user will come across some zero day malware that ESET wont have a signature for. If that was to happen well, Appguard sure does a good job at preventing zero day malware from doing any harm from what iv seen. As for the firewall and HIPS. I do not know much about ESET to go into crazy detail as i for one have never purchased a license. Iv had a free trial but that's it. For the amount of devices i have ESET is just a little too expensive for me. But i have not seen anyone complain about the Firewall and HIPS capabilities of ESET.

Just stick with ESET. My opinion. To answer your other question regarding what else you should install to increase your system security. Well. I would say nothing. ESET and Appguard combo = Good to go.

SUPRA

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2016
I see no reason why you should move away from ESET if that's what you have been using for a while and are comfortable with the settings and how they all work. ESET and Appguard. If you have those 2 setup right. Then your pretty well protected my friend.

I would not worry so much of the detection rates you see on charts or on YouTube, etc. Its not every day a average user will come across some zero day malware that ESET wont have a signature for. If that was to happen well, Appguard sure does a good job at preventing zero day malware from doing any harm from what iv seen. As for the firewall and HIPS. I do not know much about ESET to go into crazy detail as i for one have never purchased a license. Iv had a free trial but that's it. For the amount of devices i have ESET is just a little too expensive for me. But i have not seen anyone complain about the Firewall and HIPS capabilities of ESET.

Just stick with ESET. My opinion. To answer your other question regarding what else you should install to increase your system security. Well. I would say nothing. ESET and Appguard combo = Good to go.

Thank you my friend..

Reactions: In2an3_PpG

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
Thank you my friend..

I am sure other members will see your post and reply shortly with either the same or different opinions. Just watch out for possible fanboys of different applications you did not list as having licenses for.

Reactions: SUPRA
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.