App Review ESET Smart Security 6 Final Test(MalwareDoctor)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
P

Plexx

For the users who are using ESET and its HIPS component, some additional information on ESET HIPS can be found here.

D

Deleted member 178

as said many times here: "Automatic Rules" = Almost no protection...i still wonder why ESET still keep this option.

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
seems like this version is doing much better than 5. im diggin the UI, its very nice.
this might be finally the product from ESET that i might consider switching too...

P

Plexx

Umbra Corp. said:
as said many times here: "Automatic Rules" = Almost no protection...i still wonder why ESET still keep this option.

They need to do some work on HIPS.

HIPS only had some work done 2 patches after v5 was released. And that was to include the rule that exists currently.

Only problem is if they move to Policy based and do not have any rules, nothing will work. If they move straight to Interactive, where a flaw is also visible, user will uninstall it within 5 minutes of usage. Stick to learning mode and if the pc is already infected, good luck with that.

They should really remove HIPS and focus on a BB for now, whilst do some work off public in HIPS.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Another great test!!! I thought it did pretty well on default settings, at least better than I thought it would.
I have never used it on default so it was a excellent test of those settings.I agree that with some tweaking it would be very good.Thanks again for your test/review.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.